What are the CEH Requirements?

cty_9cty_9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

What are the EC-Council CEH exam policies/requirement? I m planning to take the exam without going to training(self study). Certain certification such Oracle, you need to attend at least one training on any Orcale course at any authorized Oracle training centre in order to earn the OCP title b4/after the exam. Kindly prompt me a mail if you know that EC-council has such requirements/policies on this CEH exam.

Thanks a lot
cty_9: MCSE2K3,MCT, Novell CLP9,CNI, CCNA, SCSA9,CIWCI,CIWP,IBM Certified Adv Admin for Lotus Domino 6/6.5,A+, Network+, Sun certified Instructor, IBM Certified Lotus Domino Instructor

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    http://www.eccouncil.org/CEH.htm
    WARNING: Students are warned against attending CEH training at unauthorized training centers. Only those who attend CEH training at EC-Council ATCs are eligible for CEH certification. Also you will be required to show proof of official CEH training attendance when you apply for EC-Council's LPT certification and Master of Security Science (MSS) degree program. Please e-mail us at info@eccouncil.org to check the authorized validity of a training center.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • cty_9cty_9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if we need to attend the official training then we entitle to take CEH exam, so why ec-council came out with this exam ECO-350? I really need help from you/forum to check for me on this matter.

Thanks in advance - lady and gentlemen

Appreciate :P :P :P
    cty_9: MCSE2K3,MCT, Novell CLP9,CNI, CCNA, SCSA9,CIWCI,CIWP,IBM Certified Adv Admin for Lotus Domino 6/6.5,A+, Network+, Sun certified Instructor, IBM Certified Lotus Domino Instructor
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe I'm missing something.... icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:
    What is ECO-350? I can't find any reference to it on the eccouncil.org web site.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • prrthdprrthd Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for appearing in the CEH certification examination, you must:

1. Have attended training for the CEH course at any of the accredited training centers. Should you choose to defer taking the examination after your training, and would like to opt for another location; you can apply for the same at a later date at any ATC of your choice by submitting your certificate of attendance to EC-Council.
    2. If you have opted for self-study and not attended training, you must have at least two years of information security related experience.

Please download and complete the CEH Exam (EC0-350) Application Form and fax it to EC-Council at +1-212-202-3500 for verification. Upon approval, EC-Council will send you an eligibility voucher number which you can use to register and schedule the test at any Authorized Prometric Testing Center globally. Please note that Prometric Registration will not entertain any requests without this voucher number[/b]
  • ByrdlandByrdland Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you take the CEH at Pearson/VUE, you will be taking the 312-50 and if you have a verification ID from the Authorized training center.

If you self-study and have sent an application to ECCouncil for background verification, you will be taking the EC0350.

Same exam content and questions, just different means of taking the exam.

byrd
    byrd

CCNA/CCNP, MCSE/MCT, CEH, CNE/CNI, LINUX+, SUSE/REDHAT Engineer and Trainer in all of these topics.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just want to make sure everyone is clear here that you DO NOT have to take the course (Ethical Hacking & Countermeasures) if you have the two years experience. My company is an ATC and I often encourage people who have the needed experience to try the self study route. However the value of the class is having someone in front of you who actually does pentests on a regular basis and can offer that dimension in the class room. Also I should point out that the authorization code is no longer an in stone requirement. The fact that prometric still asks for it is due to the fact that they haven't updated their registration and test engine software in ages. If you register with VUE, you will not be asked for an authorization number.
  • sepehreeesepehreee Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. Have attended training for the CEH course at any of the accredited training centers. Should you choose to defer taking the examination after your training, and would like to opt for another location; you can apply for the same at a later date at any ATC of your choice by submitting your certificate of attendance to EC-Council.
    2. If you have opted for self-study and not attended training, you must have at least two years of information security related experience.

i understand how the second one on there works but the first

can any one just pay and turn up and do the course or do is there some sort of requirment for that too? like higher education (uni) or experiance.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    If I understand your question correctly then yes all you need to do is find an ATC offering the course, pay for the course, and attend the course. Then you will be eligible to take the exam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can also get the course waived if you have two years of experience: http://www.eccouncil.org/takeexam.htm
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    dynamik wrote:
    You can also get the course waived if you have two years of experience: http://www.eccouncil.org/takeexam.htm

I believe /usr was able to petition both requirements by writing a letter to ec-council and writing why he wanted to take the exam anyway.
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    i dont have 2 yrs of exp in Info security, but i have a master degree in IT, security+ ccna, SSCP associate and a internship exp of 6 months. I faxed my details and transcripts and my managers letter and got the 2 yrs of exp waived off.

I would suggest u fax them ur case with as many docs to support and they shall review it case by case

hope it works for u