Help adding user's mailbox...

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
Sorry for being brain dead. I have been on a conference call for 10 hours trying to fix a phone system issue.

I added a new employee to the domain, we have a stand alone email server and I cannot find the area where to add the users email address info to attach it to exchange on the DC.

Can someone please lend some advise. I am about to go to sleep... Lol.

Normally there should be a tab for the email info under the user. I am confused.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What O/S are you running ADUC on?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What version of Exchange? Didn't this move from ADUC in 2003 to the Exchange Management Console in 2007?
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Running a Standard Edition 2003 Server.
    Exchange 2003.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    What version of Exchange? Didn't this move from ADUC in 2003 to the Exchange Management Console in 2007?
    Yes and Vista is goofy if your using 2000/2003.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    If you right click on the user in ADUC and select exhange tasks --> create mailbox

EDIT: Didn't see the stand alone exchange server part. I would think this would still work (?) ....maybe.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Hve you installed the Exchange AD tools on to the computer/server you are running ADUC ?? If not none of the exchange tabs are visible.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Remember you need to install Exchange System Manager on the DC you are creating the mailbox on.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Exchange's ADUC should show the user, right click on him and select Exchange tasks. Should all be under there on 2003.

Let us know!
    -Daniel
    I have the adminpak SP2 installed on my laptop and I didn't install the Exchange Tools. I am downloading the 2007 version as we speak. Hopefully it is backwards compatible and works with Exchange 2003.

Thanks again. It was a long day yesterday.
    Ok, so I installed the 2007 management tools and it looks ok, but I can't figure out how to change domains. In ADUC you can right click and select domain. I am unable to switch to any of the subdomains using the exchange tool...

Any hints?