Options

QUICK QUESTION ON VISTA UPGRADE

j938j938 Member Posts: 101
I was wondering if if you can upgrade Vista Home Basic to Vista Business I know when I look at Microsoft site using the anytime upgrade it has you can only upgrade to home prem. and ultimate.
When I look at another portion of their site it says it can be done I suppose with the retail vista Business upgrade.

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to upgrade from vista home basic to vista business without doing an clean install.
Thanks
Growth is limited.

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have never tried that before but my guess is no. Why can't you just do a clean install instead of an upgrade. That is usually the best way to go anyway. Though if you do have a good reason to upgrade instead I would just try it and see what happens. You will know right away if it will let you upgrade or not.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    No. The home and business branches are separate at that level. You can't go Home <----> Business. You can only go up to Ultimate or the premium version of whatever branch you're on.

You can't do it as a clean install either. The key you type in won't be accepted. The Vista business upgrade is from 2000 or XP.