Internet Security

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi People, i am in need of some software that will enable me to see who, what, where, and when users are using the internet, and i am also in need of server performance software so that i can keep an eye on all my servers, does anyone have any suggestions or reccomendations??

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any of the popular proxy appliances/software will help you with your first issue. Websense, Bluecoat, even a firewall like ISA2004/6. As a matter of fact, any of your enterprise firewalls should have a decent logging capability that would allow you to see who is surfing what/when and where. The main thing is making it easy to use, and being able to pull up reports and such. Thus, a commercial proxy will best serve that purpose.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cymphonix looks like the way we will be moving. We were using the FortiAnalyzer that tied into our FortiGate firewalls but its reporting engine was rather weak.

http://www.cymphonix.com/
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I like websense, it can be pricey though.
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    we are using 8e6, R3000 hardware device. The company that use to make X-stop.

Not Impressed at all. LDAP integration is a joke, and a pain.

The reporting piece is so muddy and hard to muck around, you have 4 interfaces all java. 4 different logon names/passes.

Not bad for a little over 6 G's a year...