possible new record

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
So as many of you know I currently work at JTAC and I am going to take my JNCIE-M. I had this scheduled for November when they were going to send a proctor out to work but he was delayed and isn't coming till December. So I figured I'll just take it earlier and fly out to Cali and take the test in October. Well this generated a lot of buzz at work not only with my work place but with the higher ups at Juniper, come to find out it would be a new record at JTAC for the amount of time I've been on the team.

The old record has been there for about 6 years and was done by an engineer who was on the team 1 year and 2 weeks. If I pass it in October I will have been on the team for 1 year and 2 days. I had no idea about this when I signed up for the test, I just wanted to pass the test.

No pressure eh? icon_eek.gif
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's awesome Aldur, good luck, knock their socks off! ;)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Aldur wrote:

None whatsoever!

I actually thought this was going to be regarding the record for the time it has taken for a potential employer to get back to a person.

Good luck!

Oh, and it's starting to get cold. Hopefully you get out here mid-January...
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to ya!!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    dynamik wrote:
    Aldur wrote:

None whatsoever!

I actually thought this was going to be regarding the record for the time it has taken for a potential employer to get back to a person.

Good luck!

Oh, and it's starting to get cold. Hopefully you get out here mid-January...

lol dynamik, I know I probably have the record for that one, the longer I wait the harder it will be for ppl to break my record there!

and thanks for the encouragement guys, this is definitely nerve racking, to say the least I've put everything else on hold, its gonna be a 3 week cram session, any caffeine suggestions?

-Bender
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I go with the 24-pack of sugar-free Monster from Sams or Costco myself.

Then I usually mix in Vodka...
    so if I buy one 24 pack a day I could theoretically stay awake for the next 3 weeks!

-Bender
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck on breaking the record and passing the exam!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    I like bawls energy drinks. Since its gonna be such a long session you gotta get clean sometime so try this out: http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/
  • LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Yup good luck on that Cert...

Also off topic. I stopped drinking Energy Drinks last year after it became apparent that 50% of the time they would trigger Migraines. Though I still lust the flavor and buzz from Green MONSTERS. I would normally dose a Green MONSTER before playing Guild Wars. Alas my fun playing MMORPGs has been limited due to Studying Certs and having a girlfriend, which is a full time job into itself.
    LBC90805 wrote:
    Yup good luck on that Cert...

Also off topic. I stopped drinking Energy Drinks last year after it became apparent that 50% of the time they would trigger Migraines. Though I still lust the flavor and buzz from Green MONSTERS. I would normally dose a Green MONSTER before playing Guild Wars. Alas my fun playing MMORPGs has been limited due to Studying Certs and having a girlfriend, which is a full time job into itself.

Thanks for the well wishes and I have to agree about energy drinks.

I personally love the SoBe Adrenaline black, the taste and energy is amazing, but when ever I drink them, say like once a day, not only do I get sleep problems, but my right heel starts to buzz.... As weird as that sounds, its a nervous system thing, my heel isn't physically shaking, but it sure feels like it does. If I drink one every once in a while theres no problems, who'd of thunk that these were bad for ya :D

-Bender