CCENT - Passed!!

dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yep! Just got back from the University where the testing center is... I'm so stoked! I showed up at 8:20am even though my exam time was 10am and the admin said that I could take it right then if I wanted to. I was so eager to start, I accepted the early start time

880/1000

Describe the operation of data networks 81%
Implement a small switched network 87%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements 33%
Implement a small routed network 93%
Explain and select the appropriate admin tasks required for a WLAN 100%
Identify security threads to a network and describe general methods of mitigation 100%
Implement and verify WAN links 33%

I am confused about the Implement an IP addressing 33%... I can't believe I didn't do that well on that...

I used Odoms ICND 1 book, Boson practice exam (excellent and worth it if you have the money to spend on it), Cisco Command Reference Guide, Todd's CCNA book, CCNA flashcards, Boson NetSim, Sybex Simulator and my home lab... but most importantly... This forum. You guys helped me out more than you'll ever know. The last thing I read before I went in to the test was a post I printed out from Mike from April talking about test-taking strategies. Thank you all!!!

Again... the Boson Exam... All I would say is that it was worth every penny for me. All questions and content aside, it really helps you know what to expect as far as exam structure. But then again, you can get that off of Cisco's website but the content is irrelevant.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

-Dale

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, I always get out there early too (Well, I try to; sometimes I get lost icon_sad.gif). It seems like a good plan to review or whatever, but once I'm there I just want to get it over with.

Congratulations on the pass!
  • skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I knew you could do it.
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_cool.gif

I just literally used Boson as my router/switch simulator when I have no internet to telnet/SSH at home, and found that it was lacking great deal of commands, and some of those commands won't work, I still have to try and take the "Boson Exam" hopefully I can do this soon, thanks for the advise.
  • yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
    Haha, I got the exact same score on: Implement an IP addressing scheme. I was completely shocked since I'm actually very confident and fast with subnetting. I wonder if we had the same question? We must have just overlooked something.

Oh well, it's more important we understand the technology then get a perfect score on the test.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. Already setting your sights on ICND2, or are you taking a break to celebrate?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congrats on the pass. Already setting your sights on ICND2, or are you taking a break to celebrate?

Thanks! Im not sure... I have been really anxious to study whats on the Security+ exam. I will think about it but I think if I am going for ICND2, I shouldn't break too long :)
    yuriz43 wrote:
    Haha, I got the exact same score on: Implement an IP addressing scheme. I was completely shocked since I'm actually very confident and fast with subnetting. I wonder if we had the same question? We must have just overlooked something.

Oh well, it's more important we understand the technology then get a perfect score on the test.

Yeah, I don't get it... I think I know which problem I was asked about which caused me to get that score though. I wish I could go back and look at the answers of the ones I missed.

Thank you all! I appreciate everyone's help and encouragement!
  • QbeQbe Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, and good job!

Did you use the Boson test that came with Odom's book, or did you buy a different one from Boson? As I study for ICND2 I'm going to use the Boson test (the one with the Odom book) to help identify weak areas.
    Qbe wrote:
    Congratulations, and good job!

Did you use the Boson test that came with Odom's book, or did you buy a different one from Boson? As I study for ICND2 I'm going to use the Boson test (the one with the Odom book) to help identify weak areas.

Thanks! I purchased the one for $129 off of the Boson site. I may have not needed to do so... I didn't even know that one came with the book until it was too late. I would imagine it is the same but I was desperate for more material so I just went ahead and purchased the exam from their site.

In the end, I found it to be very beneficial. I would do it again for ICND2 :)

-Dale
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    If you get the Cisco Press book for ICND2, don't forget there is a different Boson practice exam in that one too. No need to go out and buy it. icon_wink.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Welcome to Cisco. Now onto ICND2!!! :D
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass, Dale!! Great job man icon_thumright.gif

Give your brain a few days rest, then dive right into the ICND2.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Congrats on the pass :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job. To study the way you did you definitely deserve it.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!