Options

291 & Exam Cram 2

Hi guys,
I've been using Exam Cram2 to study for 70-291 (they did me ok for 70-290) but I'm starting to get the feeling that its not as comprehensive as it should be. I've had a go with a copy of test simulator and the questions presented there bear little resemblence to the stuff in the exam cram book (for example Exam Cram give a good run down of Remote Access Security Protocols but neglects to mention which client operating systems support which protocols).

It's possibly a bit late to be worrying about this as the exam is actually tomorrow (I've done something like 60 hours of study on it before now), but I'd like an indicator of how much I should rely on this book.

Any pointers?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What sort of experience do you have? Did you use any other resources?

I think the Exam Cram books are decent for an overview or review, but I wouldn't rely on them as my sole resource.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow!
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    I work for an IT consultancy firm so I've got reasonable hands on experience in trouble shooting this kind of stuff as well the odd set of installations. I've also been running a server at home for a good while to get some practise in.

I've been trying to swot up on some subnetting theory(which again the Exam Cram book doesn't mention) and I'm reasonably happy with that.

I think at least part it is down to the way the questions I've seen have been set out, the scenarios all seem to be a lot more in depth than what I've seen in the other exams, but I don't know if thats just the style of the questions in this exam simulator.
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Just to let you know I passed :D

857, it's my lowest mark so far but bearing in mind how much stress this one has given me I don't feel too bad about that. I think I'll need to brush up on DNS configuration a bit but other than that I'm pretty pleased.

Thanks for your help dynamik.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, Congratulations!