Options

Question about staying the course with my current company

rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I found out today that the company that I work for plans to use Sharepoint to replace another software of ours. Sharepoint should be implemented within roughly nine months or less. I have already started my way for MSCA 2003: Security.

The question that I have is should I take Sharepoint classes so I know I can maintain my current job or should I continue MCSA track. I really don't want to limit myself and just need a little bit of clarity.
B.S. Management Information Systems
MCSA: Security W.I.P.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sharepoint is pretty easy to get up to speed with it. I think you can continue with your current studies and just add that into the mix.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    rdix2501 wrote:
    The question that I have is should I take Sharepoint classes so I know I can maintain my current job or should I continue MCSA track. I really don't want to limit myself and just need a little bit of clarity.

Absolutely not !

They are changing the system.. It is up to them to train you and then you stick this training on your resume.
    Kam.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Would be great if they trainined, but chances are if you are in the States they expect you to magically know everything about it.

Better study, get certified and be the best at it you can be.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with dynamik.
    They are changing the system.. It is up to them to train you and then you stick this training on your resume.

If i done this for everything at all the places i have been i would know jack. I would not suggest getting into that frame of mind. Embrace the technology, show your willingness to learn, put yourself forward for it and you never know you may become a main player.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They will be putting CBT together for the end users but so far from what i'm gathering they will expect the Admins to know everything about sharepoint b4 the product is kicked off. They have not mentioned training the Admins yet. I did a search on dice and I saw more jobs for server 2003 then I did for sharepoint. My goal is to have my MCSA: Security by summer 09 maybe sooner.
    B.S. Management Information Systems
    MCSA: Security W.I.P.