Passed Using Testout and Technotes

homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
I was able to pass only using Testout, Technotes and the study guide on mcmcse.com.

I made sure to print out the "fact sheets" on testout, as they contain A LOT of information, including stuff not covered in the lectures.

835! Not great, but not too bad either ;)

I am set as an MCSE 2003: Security. It was a long hard road, but I feel so accomplished!

Thank you techexams.

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    homerj742 wrote:
    I was able to pass only using Testout, Technotes and the study guide on mcmcse.com.

I made sure to print out the "fact sheets" on testout, as they contain A LOT of information, including stuff not covered in the lectures.

835! Not great, but not too bad either ;)

I am set as an MCSE 2003: Security. It was a long hard road, but I feel so accomplished!

Thank you techexams.

congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Very cool! Good job!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    Thank you very much :)
  • mikka07mikka07 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have prior security experience? I think it will take a lot more than that for me to pass. I've still gotta get through my Syngress book, my Exam Cram materials, and finish the technotes! icon_eek.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats, on both the Security+ pass and the new status as MCSE: Security.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Now onto the next! Lots of Security+ popping out of the woodwork!
  • homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    mikka07 wrote:
    Do you have prior security experience? I think it will take a lot more than that for me to pass. I've still gotta get through my Syngress book, my Exam Cram materials, and finish the technotes! icon_eek.gif

I actually don't! However, this was the final exam for my MCSE, so I a lot of the stuff was just refresher for me. Also, I think people underestimate the amount of information found in Testout's "Fact" sheets. I recommend printing them out. I referred to them while taking the quizzes.

Technotes, and mcmcse.com were awesome as well. I took as many online practice exams as possible.

And finally, I trusted my instincts while taking the exam. It's alright to review questions, but don't over due it with second guessing.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats fellow security+ certification holder ^_^
    Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away
  • kardabkardab Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    homerj742 wrote:
    mikka07 wrote:

I actually don't! However, this was the final exam for my MCSE, so I a lot of the stuff was just refresher for me. Also, I think people underestimate the amount of information found in Testout's "Fact" sheets. I recommend printing them out. I referred to them while taking the quizzes.

Technotes, and mcmcse.com were awesome as well. I took as many online practice exams as possible.

And finally, I trusted my instincts while taking the exam. It's alright to review questions, but don't over due it with second guessing.
  • mikka07mikka07 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the response. All of this is new to me, but I will print out the factsheets and see if they work for me. I'll still have all of my other material around for topics I don't quite get and as a handy reference set.