Options

A pass!

mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just thought i'd let you all know how i got on today and my thoughts on the exam!

Ive spent a fait bit of time in the forums recently, particulary in the 293 one of course, and have noticed ( certainly over the last few weeks) comments describing this as the beast junior, and it being a really sucky exam, and very difficult to pass.

I'd personally agree and found that from the minute i picked up my 70-293 MS Press book, ( not recommended icon_rolleyes.gif ) I really didnt enjoy the whole PKI, certificate, placement of server roles in and out of perimeter firewalls etc, and therefore the subject matter didnt stick icon_sad.gif

Got through with an 800 which im relieved at - My first 4 questions comprised of 3 sims, all of which were horrendously vague as usual and i most likely stuffed up. The rest of the test was mainly PKI stuff, a bit of RRAS, a bit of DNS, but the sims at the start shook me up i think.

I'd echo what other recent passers have said - Dont underestimate this exam, for me personally it was my toughest exam yet, I didnt find any easy parts, but with good study and a good amount of time spent going through certificate / PKI stuff it'll be fine. This was defo a weak exam for me!

cheers, Mipo

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngrats man!

whats up next?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

On to 294?
  • Options
    mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yep it'll definately be the 294, i really enjoy AD, ive been using sites and services and set up a trust at work recently so it differs from the 293 in as much as i enjoy Active Dir stuff, Ive actually used it, and it will actually help my day to day work icon_cool.gif

How did you guys find the 294, following the 293?
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

I agree, 293 is a wicked hard test. Good luck with 294.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, good overview. I'd say your best bet would be to do 70-298, if you haven't done it already and are planning to, or another security-related Microsoft exam, since you're coming off of the rather daunting security topics in 70-293. Either way, good luck with your next exam. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.