Favorite Certification

PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
Hello All,

I was wondering what your favorite certification is and why?

I really enjoyed the 70-290 as it brought the server side and the client side all together for me.
Close 2nd was Security+

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Certification or test? I enjoyed the 291 the most of all the test I've taken, but the RHCE is the one I'm enjoying studying for the most. Can't wait to do a totally hands on test!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A+... come on u cannot find anything to beat that "A+"
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kasor wrote:
    A+... come on u cannot find anything to beat that "A+"

hahaha.

From my mcsa i really enjjoyed the cross over into the server side but overall ive enjoyed the ccna most. I Dont know why but the ccna has helped me raise my game when studying for certs,possibly due to the high pass mark. Not that im saying the ccna is the hardest thing ever but i think it will help me prepare better for other certs too as ive had to learn to meet things headon.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Security+ (hopefully to be replaced by CEH or SSCP within six months).

(It absolutely owns the A+)
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    dolphins-enl-reg.jpg
    The Submarine Warfare Insignia (usually known as "dolphins") is a uniform breast pin worn by enlisted men and officers of the US Navy to indicate that they are qualified in submarines. The principal focus of submarine qualification is on the actual operation of the damage control, atmosphere control, weapons, countermeasures, reactor, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic systems on that particular submarine. To earn the right to wear the pin, prospective submariners complete an extensive qualification process that lasts about one year (for both enlisted and officers, though the two programs differ significantly) and covers virtually all of the submarine's systems. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    I'll have to agree with the bubblehead above...... what a great learning experience earning the Surface Warfare pin was! Learned things like how a US Navy ship turns high speed, low torque power(turbine engines) into low speed, high torque power for the props (it's the MRG), how we're capable of shooting down spy satellites with our missiles, how we can fly a fighter jet from a hostile area all the way back to the aircraft carrier (and land it) with the pilot incapacitated (that was one of my systems), having the conn on the bridge during an underway replenishment, and even how to use a sextant, among many other cool things, was an experience I'll never forget.

ESWS-pin.jpg
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    CCNA for one I have already taken....the CEH is just pure fun to me though I will hit that up eventually!
  • IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    I'd say 291 was one I enjoyed the most. Although I'm really enjoying the 70-351 so far, so that might be a close 2nd.
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I don't really enjoy exam prep. I enjoy learning products and technologies. They do parallel, but I've found that some products I like learning about, such as VMware, sucked for exam prep. The VCP was IMO way too much a trivia question exam than knowing how to use the product in practical applications.
    Good luck to all!
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNA

It is so wide spread and it is a great foundation to build your Cisco knowledge!
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    I honestly liked the CWNA! It really makes you think about all the great stuff you can do with wireless technologies.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    I don't really enjoy exam prep. I enjoy learning products and technologies. They do parallel, but I've found that some products I like learning about, such as VMware, sucked for exam prep. The VCP was IMO way too much a trivia question exam than knowing how to use the product in practical applications.
    +1, now the VCDX on the other hand...
  • susanjsusanj Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Security+
    Security+, CISA, Infinidox ISMCP
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCIE Routing and switching thus far.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Technically, probably the A+ as that was my first Professional cert that I ever achieved. But the one I'm most proud of is the MCITP: EA (currently).

Non-technical my first black belt :)

-Ken
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:

My God, I would certainly hope so. After spending 5000-10000 dollars in labs and resources and spending countless hours on learning the material I hope you wouldn't hate it after that. ;)

The CCIE is like a good fight between 2 guys. They both came out hurting bloody and bruised. But the guy that won respects the guy that lost a lot more than he ever did.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am studying for my CCNP currently and by far it has been my favorite.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CCNA with CWNA as a close runner up. Getting to know more what goes inside the black box (that would be a Cisco 2500 router in my case) made CCNA more fun than any of the others. CWNA included a lot of theory that was new to me.
  • I enjoyed preparing for the Security+ the most. Have always loved anything security related.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • w4nn4b1337w4nn4b1337 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    C|EH for certain. I had a great time with it. Although, I think it should be renamed to Official certified script kiddie, it gave me a new perspective on security and what malicious activity looks like on the network.
    ::Something funny ironic goes here::
  • riftrift Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gotta be A+ for me. I've always loved building PCs from scratch, reading about the latest/greatest hardware, getting to test out new components, upgrading, etc. That's probably been my favorite part of my whole IT experience, and the A+ covers a lot of those hardware foundations. Too bad that alone doesn't pay well, otherwise I'd be doing that full-time icon_sad.gif
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    OSCP ... How could you NOT love an exam with no questions on it. The entire exam consisted of compromising machines in a contained environment. Depending on the amount of servers, techniques used, code created, etc., determined whether you passed it or not. I spent about a week automating the entire compromise only to have to modify it on the fly. Total time for the exam 24 hours and it WILL keep you up no matter what you think

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,54/topic,1152.0/
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    dtlokee wrote:
    The CCIE is like a good fight between 2 guys. They both came out hurting bloody and bruised. But the guy that won respects the guy that lost a lot more than he ever did.

Oh dear lord, I hope that my future exams don't involve pummeling someone into a pulp with blood and guts all over the place...

Currently, my CCENT was the most fun, but I was biased. For 1.5 months, I studied after work every weekday in a specialty tea cafe filled with young Asian girls running around in skirts and blazing cold A/C. I miss that cafe, it was my most favorite place to study... icon_wink.gif
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Seems like a common choice: Security+!
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CGN_Spec wrote:
    CCNA

It is so wide spread and it is a great foundation to build your Cisco knowledge!

o_o No wai!

My favorite was the CCNA, even though it thrashed me numerous times.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680