Options

heeeeere beasty, beasty, beasty, beasty, beasty

Today I start studying for 291! I've figured out my study plan , and I think will be an effective way to knock out the beast:

Mornings 2-4 hrs
-CBT and MS Press study
Afternoon 3-5 hrs
-Labs & Sims
-Transcender practice test based on daily study & Lab

The lab I am going to use for the rest of my MCSE has 3xServer 2003's and 1xWindows XP all running in Hyper-V

My deadline for the 291 is about 4 weeks I want to have the beast killed off by the end of October!

Comments

• Options
    rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Snap! I'm in the middle of setting up my VM Lab as I type, going for two Server 2003 and one XP, hopefully that'll be enough.

Not sure if I'll be able to kill the beast by the end of October, just depends how much free time I get to study, things are pretty quiet right now so hopefully they'll stay that way!

Good luck with slaying the beast!

Cheers,

Rich
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Good luck Ninja!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    I am pretty lucky that I have a lot of time to spend on studying. I plan on using 3 to make sure I understand routing. One of my VM's will be dual homed acting as the Internet for DNS, Routing and so on. (which I am dubbing Fakenet)

Good luck Ninja!

I LOLed pretty good at that one! My Avatar is actually a picture of myself from a while back utilizing the t-shirt ninja disguise :P
  • Options
    rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    msnelgrove wrote:
    I am pretty lucky that I have a lot of time to spend on studying. I plan on using 3 to make sure I understand routing. One of my VM's will be dual homed acting as the Internet for DNS, Routing and so on. (which I am dubbing Fakenet)

Good luck Ninja!

I LOLed pretty good at that one! My Avatar is actually a picture of myself from a while back utilizing the t-shirt ninja disguise :P

It looks like you've got a Kit Kat wrapper on your head. :D
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    haha it sure does ;)

The shirt that I used was my TMNT shirt :)
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Well, I'm a couple days behind here, eh? Started reading the MSPress book today, looking to take this in 2 weeks. I might be relying to heavily on what I know from my undergrad, but it is worth a shot. Worst-comes-to-worst I always have SecondShot ;)

My VMs are currently 2x servers and 2x clients. I might set up a third just to mess with DHCP relays (probably un-necassary, but I get more practice setting stuff up).

Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I've kinda dropped the ball on my study recently...I'm just finding it super hard to get the free time in icon_sad.gif.

Time to get back into it!! icon_twisted.gif
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cingular wrote:
    Yeah, I've kinda dropped the ball on my study recently...I'm just finding it super hard to get the free time in icon_sad.gif.

Keep a book, notes, etc. on you at all times. 5 minutes here or there adds up over time. It's easy to put everything off until you have an ideal time to study, but looking back, you'll probably be amazed at how far you could have gone with a few minutes each day.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like you've got a sound plan, best of luck to you on test-day. One thing, though, I'd recommend that you save the Transcender practice tests for when you draw closer to the end of your studies. Doing practice tests too many times defeats their purpose, you begin to remember answers to questions that overlap, even if you do only one topic at a time. Save it for the last week, or so, before your exam to see if you're ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.