Options

Is CCDA needed if I took CCNA 642-801?

GeorgecooldudeGeorgecooldude Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got my CCNA back in June 2006. At that point in time I believe there was no CCDA and you could go straight to the CCDP.

When I login to my Cisco profile I see the following
Jun-2006 Enrolled in CCDP

But the Cisco website now states a CCNA and CCDA are required to take the CCDP.

As I took the exam earlier does this mean I can bypass the CCDA and take the CCDP straight away? Or does the rule change take affect instantly in which case my Cisco profile is giving me in correct info.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    It might be that you're enrolled in the old version of the CCDP. From what I can tell, the latest CCDP requires CCNA, CCDA, BCMSN, BSCI, and the ARCH CCDP exam.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Back in 2005 the CCDA was a prerequisite for the CCDP -- it was listed on the CCDP Certification page and in the old Certification Tracking System.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I read somewhere than you can take whatever test you want and cisco will give you credit as you see in your profile but you wont be certified until you meet the pre-req.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Georgecooldude,
    I got my CCNA back in June 2006. At that point in time I believe there was no CCDA and you could go straight to the CCDP.

The 640-861 DESGN exam leading to CCDA certification was available from 05MAR2003 -> 13JUL2007 when the 640-861 DESGN exam retired and the 640-863 DESGN exam was made available. Therefore, "...back in June 2006..." there was a CCDA certification that existed therefore your statement "...no CCDA..." is inaccurate.

Source:
    1. Retired Certification Exams - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le11/learning_retired_certification_exams_list.html
    When I login to my Cisco profile I see the following
    Jun-2006 Enrolled in CCDP

But the Cisco website now states a CCNA and CCDA are required to take the CCDP.

According to the current "CCDP Certification" webpage it states...
    CCDP Prerequisites
    Valid CCNA and CCDA

Source: CCDP Certification - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le5/learning_certification_type_home.html
    As I took the exam earlier does this mean I can bypass the CCDA and take the CCDP straight away?

This question is actually multiple questions crammed into a single question. Assuming you're the holder of a current CCNA certification, you're eligible to study for and take the 642-901 BSCI exam and the 642-812 BCMSN exams which are part of both the CCNP and CCDP certification requirements. So let's assume then you've got a valid CCNA certification, passed the 642-901 BSCI exam, passed the 642-812 BCMSN exam, then you study for and pass the 642-873 ARCH exam. You will not have achieved CCDP certification due to not holding a current and valid CCDA certification which is a pre-requisite for the CCDP certification. Soo, from the perspective of "...take the CCDP straight away..." yes you can pursue the CCDP certification "...straight away..." but be advised that you will not achieve your goal of CCDP certification untill you fall back and earn the CCDA certification. I would advise against bypassing the 640-863 DESGN exam which would lead to CCDA certification if you'd like to pursue becoming CCDP certified.
    Or does the rule change take affect instantly in which case my Cisco profile is giving me in correct info.

Any advice appreciated.

Yes, your Cisco Certification Tracking System profile is giving you the current correct info.
  • Options
    GeorgecooldudeGeorgecooldude Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies folks. Thats cleared it up.