Options

WINDOWS LONGHORN REVIEW

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
:D
Hello All,
I was wondeing if anyone here has had a chance to read the october issue of MaximumPC magazine
This month's Cover story is about Windows LongHorn. The article is very detailed about what to expect from microsoft's new operating system and gives a frist look at what we as techs are going to need to know.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I havent really been paying too much attention to Longhorn... Last I heard we are more than a year away from seeing it. icon_sad.gif
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well the beta vesion has been released a few months back... apparently, I read a month or so back they are stripping some of the newer features for the final release as they are behind schedule. So , the Beta version with these extra features which are giving the developers at Micro$oft glitches will have more features than the release.
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    nice post Viper...I remember playing on Whistler....But -Ya, after this OS drops, I'm 4 sure going to get stuck upgrading the network from 2000.. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    I'm 4 sure going to get stuck upgrading the network from 2000.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah me too. icon_rolleyes.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    Kerry_20Kerry_20 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has anybody downloaded it and tried it out yet?

--Kerry :D