Passed today with 2wks of studying...

the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Like the title says. I am in a technical institute for the MCSE program but i had to do Net+ as a prerequiste. I started the Net+ portion two weeks ago and took the test today. I'm not too happy with the score but a pass is a pass IMO. 615. I will be taking 70-270 in a couple weeks too.
Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+

Comments

• bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    Like the title says. I am in a technical institute for the MCSE program but i had to do Net+ as a prerequiste. I started the Net+ portion two weeks ago and took the test today. I'm not too happy with the score but a pass is a pass IMO. 615. I will be taking 70-270 in a couple weeks too.

Net+ doesn't serve as a pre-req for MCSE, only MCSA.
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's not a pre-req for either. It'll act as part of the elective for the MSCA. It sounds like he's enrolled in a program that requires Net+ prior to taking the MCSE courses.

Congratulations on the pass!
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Congrats on the pass!!!! microsoft test are different from Comptia Test....
    close to MCSA!!
  • the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah the class requires i take it before the MCSE stuff. the also require A+ but since i already had it i got to skip it. ive tried the 270 before and missed it by 50ish points. they are a lot different. but atleast i'll get some professional training before i try it again.
    Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+
  • nghiemnghiem Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude, I studied two weeks like you and got the same score.
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Pass is pass guys! so dont worry about the scoree.... GO ahead w/ the certs path and dont look back..... Congrats to everybody..... by the way the MS Test are more case study.. Good luck
    close to MCSA!!
  • TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

How do you study for these certs in only 2 weeks? What is your method? Don't get me wrong I think its great but how do you obtain so much information so quickly? I work fulltime and go to class. Im lucky if i find a good hour or two to study for my A+...Maybe Im just not using the correct material or method. Any suggestions?
    Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.
  • morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't understand some people like yourself that are in situations that don't allow for a decent amout of study time,i mean why inrole in a class for an exam that your paying for and not have the time to study? it seems to be a waste of money and time.

I attend a technical institute at night and i have one class mate that never had any time to study because he worked as a supervisor at a movie theater that requires him to work all the time,he gets paid salary,so that means no overtime and he has to come in when they need him,he bearly had time to do his homework,let alone time to study for the exams,we both joined at the same time,he came in about 1 week after me,give or take a few days,i have 4 certs and he has 1 A+ he failed all of his other exams,not because i am smarter than him,he can pass the exams but it was because of his job and the lack of time.

I feel if you can't commit,don't sign up for a class until you can....

I am not being mean,just trying to understand why people put themselves in that kind of situation,knowing good and well that they won't be able to commit themselves 100% so they can make good on their investment.
    Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    morpheous wrote:
    I feel if you can't commit,don't sign up for a class until you can....

I am not being mean,just trying to understand why people put themselves in that kind of situation,knowing good and well that they won't be able to commit themselves 100% so they can make good on their investment.

Because some people want to do what they can..given the amount of time they have available. I took night classes in Iraq, and it kicked my ass, but I managed to get through it. If I waited until I had plenty of time available to work on my degree, I'd probably be waiting forever.

You compare yourself to your classmate who has no time to study...you have time, you got certs. He doesn't..he still has one..he'll get the others, some take longer than others due to time constraints and prior obligations such as family, work, or whatever.

I'm not trying to be mean either, but I don't understand people who have all the time in the world to study as opposed to those of us who have to wake up 2 hours before work in the morning just to find time (like myself).

Congrats regardless.