Any study Materials

Hi does anyone know good resources for study material.

I know that cisco press has a volumn 2 of the MPLS, i'm guessing that better than the 1 volumn.
What about BGP.
Is there any video training for such like trainsignal or cbt nuggets
NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out the CCIP Self-Study Resources from Cisco Press on the About CCIP page for the current officially suggested books for BSCI, BGP, QOS, and MPLS books.

If you want to be a Cisco Superstar, you may as well buy Doyle (& friends, Vol 1 and Vol 2) now and start reading the chapters that match some of the stuff in the other books you'll be using.

These are what I used back in the old days.... (or got after my exams):

BGP -- Internet Routing Architectures, 2nd Edition by Sam Halabi.

If you got some extra money burning a hole in your pocket, you may also consider adding Cisco BGP-4 Command and Configuration Handbook

QOS -- Back to Wendell Odom (and Michael J. Cavanaugh) for the Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide, 2nd Edition

MPLS -- There is a old CCIP edition of MPLS and VPN Architectures, CCIP Edition, but I used MPLS and VPN Architectures AND MPLS and VPN Architectures, Volume II.

But there are some newer books out now that may be useful -- compare the table of contents with the MPLS Exam Blueprint -- then decide for yourself if they are worth it (I think they are :D).
    MPLS Fundamentals
    MPLS Configuration on Cisco IOS Software

I also read Traffic Engineering with MPLS, but while the MPLS Exam Description in the Exam Blueprint still mentions "some of the more updated features and functions such as Traffic Engineering...." it was overkill for me. But make sure you search the Cisco Documentation and White Papers for some of those "updated features and functions" mentioned.

It's always a good idea to check the exam blueprints and search the Cisco Documentation and White Papers for anything not covered in the books -- especially when there aren't "official exam certification books" available or recommended for the exam.

I think CBT Nuggets has a QoS CBT available, probably listed under the CCVP Nuggets. QoS and BGP would also be covered as topics in their CCIE Nuggets.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Geez, Mike. Why don't you just recommend the CCIE reading-list and be done with it? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That would be a tad too much for just the CCIP. I don't think you need Cisco LAN Switching for the CCIP.... but it would still be nice to read. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    That would be a tad too much for just the CCIP. I don't think you need Cisco LAN Switching for the CCIP.... but it would still be nice to read. :D
    Alright, alright. Minus Cisco LAN Switching, read the CCIE book list. :P

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    The 2 BGP books Mike listed are great references. They go well above the BGP exam and into some real world stuff.
  • lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    Hmm. this will probably be a long and intenstive course. CIsco press doesnt have a certification library for this track ??

I remember reading one of your post Mike that one of these exams, Maybe (BGP) made the ccie written a little easy.
    Wow.!! must be prettty hard.

but definetaly,i have been thinking of getting doyle, since my ccna studies but deciding which volumn, i guess i get both of them.

thanks for the help. Hopefullly i will acheive this after the CCNP..

whats the average time everyone took on study this exam...
    (i take like 5-6hrs a day studying)
    lildeezul wrote:
    I remember reading one of your post Mike that one of these exams, Maybe (BGP) made the ccie written a little easy.
    Wow.!! must be prettty hard.
    I think what Mike meant by the CCIP exams making the CCIE easier is that the CCIP goes into more detail on BGP, MPLS, and QoS than the CCNP does. Since the CCIE Routing and Switching exam and lab cover these topics extensively, having both the CCNP and CCIP experience helps. In fact, every little bit helps. :D

• kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I was going to go that route CCNP then CCIP but decided just on CCNP and read BGP, QOS, & MPLS books while studying for CCIE. I dont think I need a CCIP certification to say I am proficient with BGP, QOS, MPLS when the CCIE will say it all.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
    Yeah i am definitely prioritizing my goal to the CCIP after the CCNP..

I though really the BGP was the most funnest part of the BSCI, becuase of all the attributes, and path manipulation can be quite flexible...
    It was pretty cool..
    I would also like to plant a job in an ISP evironment.

its going to take some hard work and dedication
    kryolla wrote:
    I was going to go that route CCNP then CCIP but decided just on CCNP and read BGP, QOS, & MPLS books while studying for CCIE. I dont think I need a CCIP certification to say I am proficient with BGP, QOS, MPLS when the CCIE will say it all.
    I'm debating what I want to do, once I get that far. I'll definitely do the CCNP, but if I do the CCIP or not will all depend on if I want to just go ahead and take those exams as I go in order to give myself little benchmarks here and there, or just go forward to the big, bad lab-exam.

i am also wondering about the exam order.

how does most people take the CCIP.

i was thinking start with qos, along with ONT studies for the CCNP/CCIP, and then go with BGP and last MPLS

what is everyone elses intake
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should do QoS last, and then you can look at that as the first step towards CCVP ;)