Options

Passed first try

Hello folks,
today finally taken the test and passed with 794. I am very very glad to have put this animal behind me and let me say that it was as difficult as the people say.
The first 15-16 question was difficult, much on ip addressing and DHCP, some DNS. When I arrived on the question 36 I said to myself, well, it's not so a beast like the people say;
well, the last 10 question was much on DNS, plus IPSec, plus RRAS with very articulated scenarios and requests and they arrived when I began to feel very tired.
I think to have loose much of my points in those 10 questions; one was exposed very vague, but requested a response very accurate and some other maybe I was not so shiny to choose the best answer.
However, at last, I am very satisfied.

Let me thank of course this great site (with technotes and resources in particular) and community for its great help in the preparing this exam, have been important for me. :)

Rj
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations buddy!

On to 293 or are you going to wrap up your MCSA first?
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations buddy!

On to 293 or are you going to wrap up your MCSA first?

congrats on the pass -

I have a feeling its going to be a battle as well, subnetting, osi, etc...
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Thanks men, very appreciate,

I think the next is Exchange, but I bought both books for 70-284 and 70-293, my hope is to find more overlap then I expect and take the 293 near the 70-284.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

All your hard work and studying you put into this test has paid off. Time to celebrate drunken_smilie.gif

Good luck on your 293 and 284. I can tell you there is a lot of overlap with 293, so don't wait too long while the 291 is fresh in your mind.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Glad to see you getting a pass and moving on to bigger and greater things.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    let me hop on the gratz train!
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Thanks to all buddies, I am already returned to study;

undomiel, gratz for Your MCSE too, it's impressive that You succeeded to earn it in a time, not so large, after all. :o
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Thanks! Hopefully it pays off for me soon. :) It won't be too long until we're congratulating you on your MCSE though! You're at the half-way point.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just got back from the testing site, passed 291, i am an MCSA. Would like to say thanks to all in these forums, especially the technotes, ms press, sybex, and hands on here at work.