70-284 Today...

liddaneliddane Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
681 - What a pain. So close!
Security seemed to let me down, need to brush up on encryption, SSL ect!
Just gonna have to hit the books again and reschedule- thank good for second shot!

Comments

• danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Bad luck. Sorry to hear that. This does seem to be a tough exam to pass first time - and I would advise anyone taking it to get it covered by second shot.

One thing I found when I re-took this one was that having booked the retake with the second shot voucher number, I couldn't subsequently change the date of the exam.

When I was preparing for the retake I went over the whole syllabus again - leaving nothing to chance.

Good luck with the next attempt.
    -- Dan
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck with the retake, i just passed the 291 for my MCSA, preparing for this one now, any pointers?
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I jsut started seriously studying for this one a couple days ago. What are your recommendations?

I was trying to get by with just the Sybex book...
    -Daniel
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Be sure to check out the Exchange virtual labs at Technet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb499043.aspx

Here are some webcasts as well: http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/tnexchangeserver2003.aspx
  • liddaneliddane Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used:
    CBT nuggets which were fantastic, I also did the MOC 2400 course over a year ago, so I still had the book.

I have a copy of the MS press 70-284 which I didn't read all the way through as like many have found, I didn't really think much of this book.

Also used the Readiness review tests which, as usual are good. Got a copy of the Transcenders now so I'll be practicing with those too.

I don't think I could have reached 681 without the a lab set up though. I had a fairly basic set up with a DC and a member server running exchange - I think I will have to expand on this and try setting up and back end/ front end set up as well as clustering and network load balancing..

I think all in all, after completing the 70-291 I think I was in too much of a hurry to get the MCSA so scheduled the exam. Booked the resit for November the 26th
  • baconfacebaconface Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

cool, thanks for that, i need to resit 284 aswell so this will be really handy to go over the sections again. 14hours of video :o