Passed

henserljhenserlj Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed today with an 830.

Used CBT Nuggets and all the information I could find on Tech Exams like Tech notes, advice from previous testers, etc. Also had some E-books to look through from various sources like Sybex and Syngress among others. Didn't really read them but used them as reference and clarification sources. I have been dealing with security and communications for almost 19 years in the Air Force so I could make some educational guesses on the test which I did.

My advice is to understand the terminology and how to apply it to scenarios. Definitely know your access methods. Had a couple of port questions, couple of UNIX, and IPSEC seemed to be popular. A few what type of attack is this questions.

Like I said though, be able to apply the information to a scenario.

Sorry but that is mainly what I remember right now...if someone mentions something later I will probably say "Oh yeah...that too!"

Good luck to everyone els ein their certs journey...thanks for everyone elses help.

I think I might hit up the ITIL certification but could possibly hit up a Microsoft or Cisco.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, Congratulations!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Good luck with your studies.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    omsan wrote:
    CAn u let me know where did major Chunk of questions came from i mean which ****
    i have the latets version 2008.7.23 is that ok if i read this **** or can u give me the **** where the questions came from
    thanks in advance

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Definition: chump
    Noun
    1. Informal, a stupid person
    2. a thick piece of meat
    3. a thick block of wood
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bertieb wrote:
    omsan wrote:
    CAn u let me know where did major Chunk of questions came from i mean which ****
    i have the latets version 2008.7.23 is that ok if i read this **** or can u give me the **** where the questions came from
    thanks in advance

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Definition: chump
    Noun
    1. Informal, a stupid person
    2. a thick piece of meat
    3. a thick block of wood

Will someone tell me what the attraction to **** are? If you pass and get the cert, won't your employer wonder why you are such a dill-hole when it comes to the subject of your cert? Besides, anyone who has certs and little or no experience is viewed with suspicion anyway (sorry guys who are trying to break into the computer field). And anyone with enough experience who has certs enjoyed the learning experience along the way to gaining a cert. I just don't get it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jarjar wrote:
    Will someone tell me what the attraction to **** are? If you pass and get the cert, won't your employer wonder why you are such a dill-hole when it comes to the subject of your cert?

Apparently not icon_sad.gif

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39320
  • jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□