Options

Advise on were to go next (MS)

Mark11Mark11 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have my MCP qualification and now I am looking at getting additional MS certificates under my belt. I have read on the MS website about the MCSA/ MCSE and also the MCITP which is were I started to get a little confused.

I currently look after a Windows 2003 network and would like to gain additional qualifications to help with this. Has the MCSA/ MCSE been taken over by the MCITP? If not should I get the MCSA/ MSCE certification first? What are the differences?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    I don't really follow Windows server but I believe MSCE is on Server 2003 where the MCITP is on Server 2008.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jbrown414 wrote:
    I don't really follow Windows server but I believe MSCE is on Server 2003 where the MCITP is on Server 2008.

Yea. Just remember that MCITPs are for more than just Server 2008. They have database administration, messaging, etc. The MCITP: Enterprise Administrator is the equivalent of the 2003 MCSE.
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    A prime example that I don't follow Windows server, I didn't know the full name of the cert. :D
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would go after the 2003 certs for the short term if thats what your working with, unless your uprgrading to 2008 any time soon?

Remember there's always an upgrade path to step up from mcsa/e to the new 2008 certs.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    With the A+/Net+ combo and the XP exam (270), you are two exams away from the MCSA. Then after getting there revaluate.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete