Who is pursuing CCIE in 2009?

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Well, we had a 2007 and 2008 thread, why not one for 2009 :D

So who is looking at a lab attempt in 2009? I know there are a couple here looking at it, so speak up!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I still have high hopes for 2008 :D

But I guess I could take the Voice Written exam sometime in 2009.... and maybe squeeze in a Voice CCIE Lab attempt.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    geez, just kill my thread whydontu ? icon_sad.gif

i never even made it on there! lol
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    haha well the '08 thread is still going! I know Mike is going to sneak in this year still ;) Not sure what Turgon's plans are though, if he is looking at the end of this year or next.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    2007 and 2008 are out for me. As for 2009, I stand by what I said in another thread:
    Slowhand wrote:
    Hmm. . . in 2007 I took the CCNA, and now I've got a couple of books sitting on my shelf, along with some other goodies. . . like one or two books on routing, and another on switching. I'm still doing the backstroke through Microsoft-land, but I am planning on doing the CCNP at some point, here, and possibly the CCIP after that. Does that mean I'm gunning for the CCIE R&S after that? I've said nothing of the sort. I just happen to like making lists. You know, purely for the fun of it. . . icon_wink.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Work and family life are too hectic right now to make any hard plans (having a hard enough time finishing the NP), but if things settle down I will be headed down that road.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can we start a within the decade thread? icon_lol.gif Seriously though, I am working on it, let's see what happens. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I have mine scheduled for 3/12/09 - earliest I could find for the voice lab.... now all I have to do is buy the plan tickets to Cali.

Only 184 days 14 hours 28 min... ( not that much time when you break it down)
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
    haha I have a count down too.

I am sure once the 90 day payment thing takes effect there will be lots of spots open.

141 days until mine. icon_sad.gif
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I know right.... I wanted to take it in Dec... But couldn't find any dates... But now that I have set the date I don't know if I want to move it any closer, simple for study purpose's.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Isn't the voice lab changing in Feb?

That was the rumor I heard.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    If I can get the written out by the end of the year then yes :)

I'm still tossing up whether to do R&S or get my CCSP and go for the Security track :s

time will tell :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    I still have high hopes for 2008 :D

But I guess I could take the Voice Written exam sometime in 2009.... and maybe squeeze in a Voice CCIE Lab attempt.

Hurry up supposedly its changing mid-2009, which I hear is a good thing..no more CatOS or 6608-T1 blades which is very hard to find.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will take the lab in 2009 and pass first time.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I will take the CCIE R&S 4Q in 09 but this year is finishing up my NP.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EdTheLad wrote:
    I will take the lab in 2009 and pass first time.

That is the kind of spirit I like! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

GT-Rob wrote:
    haha well the '08 thread is still going! I know Mike is going to sneak in this year still ;) Not sure what Turgon's plans are though, if he is looking at the end of this year or next.

New year for me. Should be enough time to finish the preparations with everything I have on at home and at work until year end.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not sure yet. I'm doing the Internetworkexpert security bootcamp at the end of this month and will use that to help gauge my readiness, if it works out well I'm going to aim for Nov/Dec this year, if not then early next year (Jan/Feb).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning to ...with much reluctance..but have to get through!!

I am sitting for Voice written in few weeks time and that is in Oct to be specific, and right now drowned in books.. and Labs most probably in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to be on this forum
    Exams Sucks!!! But can't avoid...
  • pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    1st Attempt Security Lab @ November or December of this year.
  • garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the best thing to do.. in 2009... than finishing the labs.. but that seem to be the worse thing as well
    Exams Sucks!!! But can't avoid...
  • ewehbeewehbe Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm hoping to have the written done in early '09 and the lab set for late '09.

I will update everyone on my progress.
    CCIE Hopeful
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i'm in for this one.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • junos4mejunos4me Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will pursue CCIE_voice
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I'm going to start the training for it.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    doooo it! Its fun! You get to study. Then you get to study. And when you are done, you get to go and study!
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I may attempt the CCIE security lab at some point, not sure if it will be in the next year. I noticed there are no seats available in all of the locations in February which I guess is an indication that they are going to be changing something.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    Ya that is the rumours I have been hearing. Although Feb is still just outside of the 90 day mark, so we will see if they start to open up come next month.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If the CCNP stays on track, I'd like to take the written sometime in later 2009, if that counts.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When interviewed about this Yusuf(sp) said that implementation would be 6 months after any official announcement about the new blueprint, nothing official yet so it will have to be April at least. I've heard strong rumours that that are moving new equipment into RTP and when I first started looking at booking my Lab about 2 months back RTP was out until March next year so that fits (whereas San Jose had plenty of free seats until recently).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • ccie_in_the_makingccie_in_the_making Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im shooting for r&s written at the end of this year and the lab the end of next....but i am only hopeful at this point i will jus have to see what happens.