Crystal Reports CBTs???

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello gurus

does anyone know of any good (first hand) CCA CBTs and especially
Crystal Reports training. I see we have been using Crystal Reports for years
I have not seen CBT Nuggets nor Trainsignal create CBTs for Crystal Reports..

do you dudes know of any first hand what ya think?

Thanks

-robert

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Business Objects used to have eLearning courses which were pretty good and reasonably priced. It looks like they've transfered all their training into the SAP Education site, so I'm still trying to navigate it to find you the details... :)

Edit: Looks like they no longer list prices for anything, here is the link to the Crystal Reports training, the second row is eLearning courses - http://tinyurl.com/4xb3tm
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hey thanks a lot; but I would like to find CBTs....these are in house courses right like a school you attend right?

;)
    itdaddy wrote:
    hey thanks a lot; but I would like to find CBTs....these are in house courses right like a school you attend right?

;)
    No they're courses you attend on demand on your computer. Like a CBT, sometimes with a video or semi-interactive component. Depends on the vendor.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I saw a couple with a google search, but nothing I have ever heard of.

www.vtc.com claims to have one "in production" but that is no help now.
    -Daniel
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    You can really go through CR without a CBT. I agree, it would be nice to have one, but a good book is probably better.

Depending on the complexity of your business, you probably won't be as focused on how to use it - as a Technology, as you are how to use it with your data...which is impossible to have a CBT for.

The key part is understanding the innerworkings of your organization and how those should be represented and grouped.

I would say save yourself the $$ and just get a well rated book.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have crap for eyes and Books that are 1000 pages tire me out...

I love CBTs show and tell..but thanks dudes! Yeah for crstal being out there so long you would think there would be some CBTs on it. I talked with Trainsignal and mentioned a CBT on crystal and the marketing thought yeah like it was amazed? I have mastered OFFICE with books but
    would like a nice CBT....I can understand some of it but it still need to be taught. I know what it is doing..and you are right you have to knowwhat the data fields are and of course have a database engine like SQL...we have alot of application that use ODBC configuration. But
    like I said I think books are of the past the 1000 pages books who has time but I guess I live in the 20/40 vision realm haahahh but thank yo ufor rsponding. I google to and not much
    must be that easy..will have t just play with it...;)
    but you would think if they have office CBTs they would have Crystal CBTs ;)
    right on dudes!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What version?

I found one for 11, but it looks like 12/2008 is the current one.

http://www.learnkey.com/Crystal_Reports
    dynamik wrote:
    What version?

I found one for 11, but it looks like 12/2008 is the current one.

http://www.learnkey.com/Crystal_Reports
    This would give you the basics. Otherwise I think it's either a book or the eLearning courses if you want to move onto more complex things.