Contacts Question

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
I have a large, very demanding client I am working with. They want the ability to add/update/delete contacts from the GAL.

Is there anyway to delegate this without them using ADUC? Maybe somewhere in Outlook I am not aware of?
-Daniel

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think so, not without elevating their rights in exchange more then you want to.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Welp, if any of you programmers out there get bored, sounds like we have a market for this.
    -Daniel
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    One thought:

Get them to put changes in a CSV file, and use the Quest AD cmdlets. Makes updating contacts a breeze.

You might also want to look at web self-service products for this kind of thing.

http://www.directory-update.com/
    Good luck to all!
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah, HP, good point. I always forget about those self-service products out there.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...