Options

ONT -> QoS

So the ONT is fun.. and semi annoying as it is mostly theory and hardly any hands on..but the QoS 642-642 seems way more fun and obviously would have way more hands on. For those who have taken both the CCNP ONT exam and the QoS exam.. how much of a gap is there between the 2? I know QoS can get pretty hectic and nasty when you mix RTP and data, but just by reading the exam blueprints of both.. it seems the "gap" is big, but isn't "huge".. i just want to make sure i'm not underestimating the exam.. In one aspect it adds A LOT more to QoS, but on the other it integrates/builds on previous knowledge nicely.
CCIE - COMPLETED!

Comments

• Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    have you read the QOS exam cert guide book?
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Hi Kryolla,

I took both exams and I would say that ONT is just an intro to QoS. You'll definitely review the technology in depth with the QOS course.
    Furthermore, if you have CCIE objective, it's really a step to pass on.

HTH.
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    I took QOS and then ONT. ONT was a breeze, because I already had BCMSN under my belt :)

QOS was more entertaining than ONT for me.
  • Options
    tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought both were pretty easy in comparison. ONT definitely prepared for probably 85% or more of the QoS.
  • Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    Good this is what i am going to do.
    Once i start studying ONT i will buy both the ONT book and QOS book, and study both, and take both exams, that way i only have BGP and MPLS to study
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The ONT was the last exam I required for the CCNP and the CCIP was my next goal, so I took the ONT and QoS within two weeks of each other. This is because I found it to be the best transition from one exam track into the other. I found that the QoS exam was much more in depth than the ONT. It wasn't a problem though, because I over estimated the ONT and over prepared for it. I could have taken the QoS and ONT on the same day but I suck at gauging how much I have to know for a test and I didn't want to screw myself.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/