601 and 602.....in the same day

traeduparttraedupart Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,
this is my first post. I'm currently studying for the 601 exam for Friday and I was thinking about taking 602 on the same day. Has anyone ever done both in the same day before?

Comments

• DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    traedupart wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    this is my first post. I'm currently studying for the 601 exam for Friday and I was thinking about taking 602 on the same day. Has anyone ever done both in the same day before?

yes people have done it on the same day before I havent and I wouldnt bother as I like to focus on one thing at a time!
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes its been done.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my trainer did it
  • BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes I did this, everyone in the course I attended did.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I passed both in the same day. This is the way I'd recommend to do things actually since there is so much knowledge overlap between the exams. They really should just combine them into one long exam.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    When I worked for CompUSA as a PC tech, they sent me off to the local Prometric center one day, with about a weeks' warning. They'd already scheduled the exams, (this was when you had a software and hardware exam, not essentials and an elective,) and I had to go down and take them. I got a crappy study guide, which I didn't really use anyway, sat for and passed both in the same afternoon.

With the A+ exams, it's very possible do them in one sitting. It's not recommended for tests that are more complex, or trying to take exams on radically different topics, (like a Cisco and Microsoft exam in one day,) in the same day.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah I did tooo...I thinkyou can do it. I would spread it apart like 1 hour apart or so get some lunch. and then hit again. I did them back to back stupid; i was exhautsed after words.
    but it can be done and I am blind as bat
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    traedupart wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I've done this too. Not for the entry level certifications. Back then I didn't have the experience to know the subject so well that I would sit multiple exams in the same day. Back then I needed my time to absorb things well (and didn't have the money to repay for an exam if I failed, so I had to make sure I passed).

This is something you can definitely do if you have vast experience and knowledge about the subject. But don't put yourself through too much strain to sit both exams in the same day if you don't have the confidence you will definitely pass.
  • antivirus6613antivirus6613 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scheduled my test for 10:30 this morning ( essentials), passed that and then scheduled the 602 and took that about 2 minutes afterwards, passing that as well. I just got home !!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When there were only two parts of the exam were hardware and software were separate, I passed both in the same day. I booked them 1 hour apart. I completed one, had a ton of time to spare. Felt very confident, asked the proctor if I could take it immediately and she said ok. Passed that one too. 5 years of @home tinkering and manual reading experience with my own computer but 1 year of actual work experience at the time as a part-time tier1 desktop support tech, 1 month of skimming through Mike Meyer's A+ cert study guide in between my undergraduate studies, university funded. Gotta love work study programs! :)