Options

Bombed first try

schrot41schrot41 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got completely humiliated by this exam with a 610. I studied hard all the material given to me by my mentored learning class - Element K study book, videos by CareerAcademy, and Trancenders. Apparently, that wasn't enough since there were some questions where I said to myself, "I have never seen that before in my life."

On prior posts, Sybex and Syngress books have been recommended. Anything else?

New to the forums.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Welcome to the forums, hopefully this won't be your last thread. :D

I don't know about the Syngress press book, but I know that the Security+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide and Sybex book come pretty highly recommended. Personally, I used the Course Technology book, which I really thought was excellent. There is also training available from both CBT Nuggets and TestOut for Security+.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, welcome! :D

The CBT Nuggets would probably be a bit redundant for you at this point. I liked the Syngress book. It will go a little above-and-beyond the exam into some more real-world type of situations, but it's not going to hurt you to know too much ;)
  • Options
    morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When i studied for security+ i used TestOut software,security+ book supplied by the institute i attend and used tech notes on this site. passed first try icon_wink.gif
    Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away
  • Options
    rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    I very much liked the Sybex book for this one. It hit the exam materials without going off on too many tangents. I think Mike Myers has a certification passport for this one too that seems to be pretty good.
  • Options
    DoseDose Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Were you able to see the scorecard and see what categories/subjects you need to focus in on?
  • Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    I'm using the Sybex right now. I cannot be a true barometer for you, because I have not taken the test; however, it seems to be very thorough and easy to read.