Hi to ALL

vkingvking Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hiya frnds

just new to this forum completed my ccna dec 06 and planning for a sp...so can youpls help me and share me some of uour ideas ...

pls

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi,

Welcome to the journey :) .
    There is a ton of information on this forum already, it may be overwhelming at first but have a trawl through, if you're still confused about certain areas just ask some specifics.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • vkingvking Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply....

just searching manuals on 642 552/533/02/03.
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    oh you haven't started with CCNP ?
    moss12 wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing icon_cool.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Ahriakin wrote:
    moss12 wrote:

Ahriakin in your opinion how has that affected you?? I'm just curious whether you think it's made things harder or has it worked out better for you.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, this looks like a good certification to have. I would like to work on this one once I get my CCNA. I need to get my head out of my bum and start working on that CCNA though. icon_lol.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • vkingvking Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    guys is it necessary to have a ccnp to write ccsp or would a ccna do?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    vking wrote:
    guys is it necessary to have a ccnp to write ccsp or would a ccna do?

It's not necessary but alot of the knowledge gained in the NP is very complimentary to the SP.
    shednik wrote:
    Ahriakin wrote:
    moss12 wrote:

Ahriakin in your opinion how has that affected you?? I'm just curious whether you think it's made things harder or has it worked out better for you.

The most repetitive issues I run into now practicing are R&S related, usually nothing major but lacking deeper knowledge makes me unsure of some solutions - is it just me or is the solution broken (like last night's lab and a bug with one router and OSPF, turned out it was the router hardware but it took a lot of time for me to be sure enough of that to patch over it and move on). I had planned doing the CCNP a few months back before attempting the lab but had to accelerate my lab prep and couldn't do the whole thing, but I am doing some CBTNugget BSCI modules when I can. On the otherhand though there is only some much time in the day and if I did take time out for more R&S specifics that would be less for the pure security side. It's all a question of balance and focus. With the time I've had I still would have taken the route I have and avoided the CCNP even in hindsight, but if I had more breathing room I'd advise yes do the CCNP before the CCIE Sec. You don't need all of it, but it will cover some bases for you that the CCSP won't prepare you for.
    For just the CCSP I don't think you need the CCNP at all, it might make you better overall at the job to have it but it won't hold you back on the cert track.