Test Out MCDST software?

LokonopaLokonopa Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Gang,
First time posting, so very sorry if this is a silly thread, I read threw some pages just to make sure nothing was posted recently.

I saw that Test Out (http://www.testout.com) used to offer MCDST software. Does anyone know where I can get it or buy it? I really enjoy the hands on that it offers as well as the visual/audio... or should I just stick to the actual MCDST microsoft book and grind through that?
Thanks!
Chris
"I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life." -Dwight Schrute

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought the Test Out software comes with those big MS Press books you buy?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • LokonopaLokonopa Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I thought the Test Out software comes with those big MS Press books you buy?
    Let me crack open that book and check. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Thanks!
    Chris
    "I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life." -Dwight Schrute
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nah, those are the MeasureUp exams (which most people think are terrible). Test Out is sort of like a CBT, but I think they add some interactivity into the mix.
    dynamik wrote:
    Nah, those are the MeasureUp exams (which most people think are terrible). Test Out is sort of like a CBT, but I think they add some interactivity into the mix.
    Yes, it was MeasureUP that was with the book. Is CBT good? I know I am more hands on so trying to figure out which would be best for me.
    Thanks!,
    Chris
    I mean I probably know most of this information, are there any good test engines out there?
    CBT Nuggets and Transcender are great. I hear Test Out's good, but I haven't used them myself. I think you can get some sample clips of each. I'd just take a look at both of them and go with whatever you think would work best for you. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Edit: You'd want Transcender for practice exams.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I also suggest VTC.com. I have yet to hear about them on these forums. The have videos for the 2003 track (including Exchange) and some stuff on SQL (all good). It is also much cheaper to do a monthly subscription than any other place I have seen yet.
    I think I've seen Daniel333 recommend them for some linux CBTs. I haven't used them myself, but they're one of the few places that has RHCE material. www.itidiots.com is another good resource if they happen to cover a topic you're interested in.