Exam Room and PC interface

Halcyon HellHalcyon Hell Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me what i will be expecting to walk into for my N+ exam tomorrow ie. The room, GUI, ect...?
BOFH (in training)

Comments

• Halcyon HellHalcyon Hell Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, let me be more specific. Am i gonna walk into that room tomorrow and find padded white walls with a PC in the corner of the room and a number of cameras on me, wearing nothing but a loin cloth and a deep angry voice coming from a hidden speaker saying, "sit down in the chair, prepare, your exam starts now!"??? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
    BOFH (in training)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    arrogant wrote:
    Ok, let me be more specific. Am i gonna walk into that room tomorrow and find padded white walls with a PC in the corner of the room and a number of cameras on me, wearing nothing but a loin cloth and a deep angry voice coming from a hidden speaker saying, "sit down in the chair, prepare, your exam starts now!"??? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Sounds about right, but you only get a loin cloth if your lucky.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    har har har!!!! no, really??
    BOFH (in training)
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well all testing centers differ, but more than likely you'll be greeted by a secretary and she'll have you sign some forms. From there she will take you into the testing room, give you your dry erase marker and board, set up your test, and leave. The room will probably have at least 2 PCs in it and there will more than likely be a few cameras on you.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    Oh boy, can't wait. Thanx for putting my mind at ease.
    BOFH (in training)
  • someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    Hm... there were no cameras when I took my test.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    someeh wrote:
    Hm... there were no cameras when I took my test.

that's what they want you to think...
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • ZerubbZerubb Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man in a white coat wearing a latex glove and a tube of KY, opps my bad, that was my prostrate exam not the Net+. I get them confused sometimes because they felt about the same.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Zerubb wrote:
    Man in a white coat wearing a latex glove and a tube of KY, opps my bad, that was my prostrate exam not the Net+. I get them confused sometimes because they felt about the same.
    You got KY first? You obviously haven't taken any of Microsoft's newer exams, then. icon_eek.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    arrogant wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what i will be expecting to walk into for my N+ exam tomorrow ie. The room, GUI, ect...?
    You'll be registered at the front desk, asked to leave your jacket and the contents of your pockets in a locker or other safe area. You'll sign off on some paperwork, then be lead into a room with (usually) multiple computers at seperate desks or along a bench with seperators between them. On the screen, there will be a pre-loaded GUI, usually akin to a webpage, asking you to hit "Start" and then you'll see some basic instructions for the exam. You may be asked to fill out a survey, you'll have to agree to a EULA, then the exam begins. You won't be able to access the host PC due to security reasons, (like going and Googling answers or checking configurations,) but you'll have everything you need to sit for the exam. You'll probably also be given a dry-erase board and a washable marker to jot down notes. In some testing centers, especially busy ones, you are sometimes offered earplugs.

After the exam is over, you hit the finish button, a little bit of time passes, and your results are shown to you on your screen. You're notified if you've passed or failed, and you'll get your score. The same information will be automatically sent to a printer in the receptionist's area, and you'll be given the report with either a gold stamp that states you passed, or simply as a guideline for what you need to study. In the event of not passing, the testing center staff can instruct you how to re-register for the exam, and how long you have to wait before doing it. In the event you pass, they do not provide booze to celebrate with. icon_lol.gif

Good luck on the exam, try to get a good night's rest tonight, and go in there tomorrow and knock it out of the park. :D

morning to all. yes it is 6:12am here in sunny South Africa, on the day of my N+ exam. Getting in some last minute cramming in before I right at 1:00pm. Thanx for the info everyone. Pity about no alcohol after the pass. Woulda liked a bottle sparkling wine even. :D
    BOFH (in training)
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    arrogant wrote:

Sounds about right, but you only get a loin cloth if your lucky.

Gotta watch out for those probing devices icon_eek.gif
    Ouch. BTW will i be getting any questions concerning Vista?
    BOFH (in training)
    arrogant wrote:
    Ouch. BTW will i be getting any questions concerning Vista?
    Since the exam is vendor-neutral, and it hasn't been formally updated since 2005, there's very little chance you'll have questions on Vista. The idea of the Network+ exam is to cover topics that will allow you to network any modern machine with any OS. Things like Ping, traceroute, ipconfig (ifconfig on Linux/Unix) are fairly universal. Don't expect to be answering questions on Vista's new TCP/IP stack or IPv6 capabilities, or anything as advanced as that. icon_lol.gif