Difference between PW0-100 and PW0-104

odaahodaah Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I realized that the exam is going to change from Nov 03, 2008.

Will PW0-100 still be considered as CWNA ?

Do I have to take PW0-104 after Nov 03, to get to CWSP or will PW0-100 suffice ?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    On November 3, 2008, the CWNA PW0-100 exam will be fully replaced by the revised PW0-104 exam. The PW0-100 exam will no longer be available as of this date. If you have already passed PW0-100 you will not need to also pass PW0-104 to qualify to take the CWSP, as you will have already been awarded the CWNA certification.

CWNP Announces Update to Industry Standard CWNA Exam

Changes from Exam Version PW0-100 to PW0-104 (PDF)
  • odaahodaah Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I cleared CWNA today with 25 minutes to spare. :)

I used Sybex and Official Study Guide and found the Sybex to be of greater use than the Official Guide.

I had a perfect 100% in 3 sections (RF Tech, Site Survey, Implementation).

I got hammered in Network devices and Standards. I was able to pull in close to 50%. This dragged down my overall score.

I think the score is "OK" for a two week preparation with zero industry experience.

For people, studying for CWNA, I think it is essential to understand the different authentication protocols used in different standards and to understand which of them are recognized by IEEE.

Also, understand the functionalities of the different Network devices and the differences between the devices in terms of functionalities. :)
  • bucrepusbucrepus Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mr. JDMurray,
    Are you sure the 100 exam will be retired and not available after Nov 3? I am just about ready to take the 100 test, and am worried I won't be ready for the 104 upgrade. The CWNP site says this

The new CWNA exam - PW0-104 - will be available exclusively from VUE testing centers.
    Exam PW0-100 will be updated to exam PW0-104 on November 3rd, 2008. PW0-100 will be available until 12/31/2008. For information on the new updated CWNA exam PW0-104, please click here.
    I'am confused as to whether the -100 test will be available after Nov 3? Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks for your time,
    BUC
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, it looks like you have until the end of the year.

I assume you got that info here: http://www.cwnp.com/cwna/index.html

Maybe they decided to be a little more lenient, so people aren't caught off-guard from the transition.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    bucrepus wrote:
    Mr. JDMurray,
    Are you sure the 100 exam will be retired and not available after Nov 3?
    That information came from the CWNP Web site. You really need to contact the CWNP directly to confirm if the information they have posted on their Web site is accurate.
  • bucrepusbucrepus Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mr JDMurray,
    Thanks for the info.. I found their number in Smyrna Ga. Called it. It (100) test will be available until the end of the year.

Thanks and have a great day,
    Buc