Taking this on the 17th of this month. EDIT: Passed

M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Last time I asked for last minute advice for the 290 like the day before, no advice. So this time I thought I'd give myself a good two weeks to help me take it all in. Regardless of how I do on the 17th, on the 31st I'm taking the 293. Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of studying, so I do feel it's possible.

So advice peeps?

EDIT: I keep hearing DNS is all over this one. What were your guy's weak spots?
Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?

Comments

• vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lots of DNS and subnetting. Know IPSec and some RRAS, and you'll be fine.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    In order of difficulty, the top three:

* DNS
    * RRAS
    * Subnetting

While those are good topics to focus on, make sure you know all the topics listed on the exam outline.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just beat the hell out of this beast. And yeah, as the others have said, you'd better know DNS. We are barracking for you, want to see a pass post from you tomorrow! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yes good luck my friend... I have mine booked on the 5th November!
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:
  • M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I'd been studying much and kinda' forgot to keep in touch with this post. I actually had registered second shot and went in last Friday. I failed like I figured I would but I got to see what was on the test. (Failed with 630) Due to a weird work schedule I had it moved to today, which I passed with a 778. 100% on Subnetting & RRAS. For study materials I used the MS-Press book, this lovely site, and Transcender questions. Thanx for the support everyone, and on to the 293.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Not a bad score either, as you know any score on an MS exam is good.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Well done man and gool luck for the next one!
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good work. I actually thought the 293 was a little easier, but I guess the hard work was over after the 291, right? An old time MCSE told me not to waste time between these two. "Two weeks tops" was his advice. I took three but think he was right. Gotta do it fast before you forget.
  • M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work. I actually thought the 293 was a little easier, but I guess the hard work was over after the 291, right? An old time MCSE told me not to waste time between these two. "Two weeks tops" was his advice. I took three but think he was right. Gotta do it fast before you forget.

Good to know, I'm already studying for the 293 and intend to take it on the 31st. So, that's within two weeks.

Also, as a bonus, I found out I'm actually MCSA:Security. So, I'm happy for the moment, I intend to go for MCSE: Security before moving on to CCNA eventually while waiting for my friend to catch up with his...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, and good luck with those 70-293 studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.