If you were an interviewer...

I've got a lab test next week for a network engineering position. The job description says
the ideal candidate should have a CCNA/CCNP, strong understanding of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP,
etc. etc. You know the deal.

Apparently the lab was crafted by a dude who passed his CCIE written. So he'll probably
come out swinging...

So my question to you is, if you were the interviewer, what kind of lab test would you
create to see if the candidate knew his stuff? What kind of "curve balls" would you throw?

Maybe share some past experiences with particularly tricky lab questions you've experienced in the work place?

Thanks

Comments

• cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wat08 wrote:
    I've got a lab test next week for a network engineering position. The job description says
    the ideal candidate should have a CCNA/CCNP, strong understanding of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP,
    etc. etc. You know the deal.

Apparently the lab was crafted by a dude who passed his CCIE written. So he'll probably
    come out swinging...

So my question to you is, if you were the interviewer, what kind of lab test would you
    create to see if the candidate knew his stuff? What kind of "curve balls" would you throw?

Maybe share some past experiences with particularly tricky lab questions you've experienced in the work place?

Thanks

They will likely create a lab that somewhat tests the skill they need in their current environment. Just make sure you can configure OSPF and BGP, and make sure you understand basic routing theory. It obviously won't be just that simple, but I would focus on those areas specifically listed...