*sigh* - I thought braindumper getting less and less

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Considering Microsoft wanted to get rid of people using all sorts of tactics ..

When I was sitting in a Microsoft exam a few weeks back one dude was in and out in a few minutes and passed.... He was back again and did the same .....

I really thought Microsoft started banning people already icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Gomjaba wrote:

When I was sitting in a Microsoft exam a few weeks back one dude was in and out in a few minutes and passed.... He was back again and did the same .....

I really thought Microsoft started banning people already icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

They can't ban if you don't get caught. Plus if you did use them how would they know? Not that I support them.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    He's a chump who's cheating himself at the end of the day.

He may get past HR to the interviews, but he'll quickly be identified as a muppet who doesn't really know what he's doing, and if not, he'll almost certainly be stuck in the deep end, sinking faster than my pint of beer on a Friday night icon_lol.gif

I hope I get to interview him, just so I can indulge in my nasty streak icon_twisted.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In a few minutes? like 3 minutes? i dont think that would be possible with sims etc too.

Besides who says if someone goes in and aces the test in a short time that its cheating? Could be down to hard studying and experiance for all we know? You should never make assumptions without the facts - not that im saying cheating doesnt happen, just we shouldnt jump to conclusions imo.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    nel wrote:
    In a few minutes? like 3 minutes? i dont think that would be possible with sims etc too.

Besides who says if someone goes in and aces the test in a short time that its cheating? Could be down to hard studying and experiance for all we know? You should never make assumptions without the facts - not that im saying cheating doesnt happen, just we shouldnt jump to conclusions imo.

Ok, let me explain .. I keep EXACT track of my time and write down the time I have for each question to make sure I do NOT lose time and end up not having enough time to review my questions.

I started at 9am ... I started my REVIEW when he sat down ... I finished my Prometric and Microsoft review and we got up at the same time ... I took about 10 minutes for the review .. I KNOW which exam he did because when you start, you see the list of all candidates of that day (where you have to put in your SR number) and we both were the only ones for that day ...

Don't want to say which exam he did but he did 56 questions in 10 minutes and passed as we both got the result at the same time and we both were standing at the desk waiting to make our signature to sign out ...

And I couldn't help it to see he passed with 1000 !!! ... 10 minutes - 56 questions (did the exam myself therefore I know how many questions) and 1000 points .. figures ...... no ?
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    That does seem a little fishy. I'm not defending the guy but did he seem older? Maybe he's been doing this stuff on a daily basis for a while and just studied really hard. If he did ****, it won't help him in any way. Sooner or later, someone will find out and it will cost him.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    man you can't even read the questions that fast, especially a MS exam.

Braindumpers are everywhere. Out of the 80 or so people at my work, I would say that 70-80% of them openly use ****. I wish I was kidding.
    Gomjaba > now that you've explained it fully it does sound fishy....me bad!

Seriously though, its like rob said, it takes a huge amount of time just to read those stupid MS questions. all those folk who use **** are fools but sadly they seem to be everywhere.

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The person may still just be fast. I've completed 3 hour exams before in less than an hour and ended up with 100%.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Under an hour is a little different from 10 minutes.

Christ, it takes 10 minutes to read the damn questions!
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    gorebrush wrote:
    Under an hour is a little different from 10 minutes.

Christ, it takes 10 minutes to read the damn questions!

+1
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tiersten wrote:
    The person may still just be fast. I've completed 3 hour exams before in less than an hour and ended up with 100%.

I did my Vista exam, which was 56 questions, in 35 minutes. I double-check everything, but I don't think I could have gotten it under 15-20 minutes even if I rushed. That one was also extremely light on the reading compared to the other ones.
    dynamik wrote:
    tiersten wrote:

I did my Vista exam, which was 56 questions, in 35 minutes. I double-check everything, but I don't think I could have gotten it under 15-20 minutes even if I rushed. That one was also extremely light on the reading compared to the other ones.

70-620 ?

Agreed

I felt like I hadn't really sat an exam when I finished that one in about 45-50 minutes.

Compare this, for example, to 70-291.

Would love to see someone tap that out in under 45 minutes icon_rolleyes.gif

Think it took me over 2 1/2 hours, it was a proper difficult exam
    Silly me thought Server 2008 will be harder than the previous ones .. I mean come on .. most exams hardly hit the 50 question mark ...

SA has 44 questions .... a PRO exam .. pfff ...

I wanted to go for the RHCE stuff but I was kindly asked to go for the SQL ones next as we have an urgent need of DBAs .. or at least people with a bit of a clue .. so fair enough .. MCITP: DB Admin has only three exams ..

But after that : I am through with Microsoft exams to be honest .. It is hard to take them serious ... not because of braindumps .. I don't care that much as they **** themselves ....

Still annoys me somehow ...
    I have to admit, I'm not so sure after taking Vista in March.

I'm taking Exchange next week for my own benefit, so we'll wait and see what that one is like.

I wonder if they are "easier" just to get people certified on the newer tech's? And ultimately getting companies to invest in the newer software...

Maybe they will get harder a few years down the line?
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wats the purpose of braindumping , u r paying money to get certified without gaining anything but a paper ? what a waste of money icon_confused.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Gomjaba wrote:
    Silly me thought Server 2008 will be harder than the previous ones .. I mean come on .. most exams hardly hit the 50 question mark ...

SA has 44 questions .... a PRO exam .. pfff ...

I haven't done my upgrade or the SA/EA exams yet, but with the older exams, they put a TON of information into each question. It's not like they're just asking your what port HTTP uses or something like that. They usually work a lot of concepts into a single question; I wouldn't be so quick to bash them simply based on the number of questions.
    Gomjaba wrote:
    But after that : I am through with Microsoft exams to be honest .. It is hard to take them serious ... not because of braindumps .. I don't care that much as they **** themselves ....

Still annoys me somehow ...

Have you seen that they're shifting towards lab-based exams? Astorrs took a beta one a month or two ago.
    moss12 wrote:
    wats the purpose of braindumping , u r paying money to get certified without gaining anything but a paper ? what a waste of money icon_confused.gif

It makes them feel better about their tiny... amount of self-esteem...
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    moss12 wrote:

They are stuck in a dated mindset. About 8 or 10 years ago if you were an MCSE you wrote your own ticket, and many of these people probably still think this is the case - thinking that an MCSE automatically means a fat paycheck. Sorry guys, this is not the case anymore.

I don't mean to trivialize an MCSE so please don't take it this way, but there are so many MCSEs out there without a freaking clue that what was once a sought after certification for systems engineers has become a requirement for entry level help desk support. BECAUSE of brain dumping.

Because of brain dumping, if someone is toting an MCSE I am inclined to drill the piss out of them in interviews, and if they miss a single question I think a legitimate MCSE would know, they are dismissed without a callback. I would rather hire someone who is honest about their skills and honest in their achievements. Someone unwilling to actually learn the material is likely to take the same shortcuts on the job, and I don't need those individuals on my production network.

The brain dumpers not only screwed themselves, but everyone else in the process. Shame on Microsoft for not doing a better job of protecting the integrity of their certification tracks. I have a few MCPs, but I abandoned the track and their products when the braindumps began proliferating. I used Microsoft in this post, but it is not the only example I have seen. I worked with a CCNA at a top-tier wireless carrier not too long ago. The guy couldn't draw a physical layer topology using CDP neighbors. Anyone think this guy didn't **** the CCNA? Anyone think the guy didn't lose his job?

If you are dumping tech exams to get a paycheck, but you better rethink your approach. You may obtain the paper, but you will never be successful. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it isn't even your intelligence that will prevent you from being successful, but moreso your personality.

Just my nickels worth. Do with it what you will.
    moss12 wrote:

They are stuck in a dated mindset. About 8 or 10 years ago if you were an MCSE you wrote your own ticket, and many of these people probably still think this is the case - thinking that an MCSE automatically means a fat paycheck. Sorry guys, this is not the case anymore.

I don't mean to trivialize an MCSE so please don't take it this way, but there are so many MCSEs out there without a freaking clue that what was once a sought after certification for systems engineers has become a requirement for entry level help desk support. BECAUSE of brain dumping.

Because of brain dumping, if someone is toting an MCSE I am inclined to drill the piss out of them in interviews, and if they miss a single question I think a legitimate MCSE would know, they are dismissed without a callback. I would rather hire someone who is honest about their skills and honest in their achievements. Someone unwilling to actually learn the material is likely to take the same shortcuts on the job, and I don't need those individuals on my production network.

The brain dumpers not only screwed themselves, but everyone else in the process. Shame on Microsoft for not doing a better job of protecting the integrity of their certification tracks. I have a few MCPs, but I abandoned the track and their products when the braindumps began proliferating. I used Microsoft in this post, but it is not the only example I have seen. I worked with a CCNA at a top-tier wireless carrier not too long ago. The guy couldn't draw a physical layer topology using CDP neighbors. Anyone think this guy didn't **** the CCNA? Anyone think the guy didn't lose his job?

If you are dumping tech exams to get a paycheck, but you better rethink your approach. You may obtain the paper, but you will never be successful. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it isn't even your intelligence that will prevent you from being successful, but moreso your personality.

Just my nickels worth. Do with it what you will.

Tis a very good summise, but it's the braindumpers that ultimately will come a cropper if the employers are wise enough.

At my post, even BEFORE I had an interview, I was given a telephone interview not by the company themselves, but a 3rd line support company (they used to use before I went there I will add). Wow, by far the most technical grilling i'd ever been given, but I flew through. Dumpers would have fallen flat on their face.

Apparently there was one guy who applied, when he was told about the telephone interview, he suddenly decided it was too far away for him... hmm..
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Gomjaba wrote:

Surely microsoft have something in-built in their testing mechanism that spots 10 minute finishes in exams. Any ideas ??

I'm glad to say that I've worked hard and even spent the full-time alloted for the exam to get maximum marks. I sweated conkers for my 715 in the 70-270
    Gomjaba wrote:

Surely microsoft have something in-built in their testing mechanism that spots 10 minute finishes in exams. Any ideas ??

I'm glad to say that I've worked hard and even spent the full-time alloted for the exam to get maximum marks. I sweated conkers for my 715 in the 70-270

No, Microsoft don't.

Cisco does though. Other certification vendors can really learn from this.
    No, Microsoft don't.

Cisco does though. Other certification vendors can really learn from this.

Is that true about cisco? If so, whats the deciding factor? or is it just a case of time measurement?

Apparently they can monitor what answers you are clicking on, time you spent on each question, whole exam.

So, 10 minute exams should get found out EASILY.
    gorebrush wrote:
    Apparently they can monitor what answers you are clicking on, time you spent on each question, whole exam.

Should .. exactly .. but obviously wasn't ...
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Doesn't Microsoft do that thing where the first 3 questions are really hard and if you get them right the test is over? I've never taken one, but a professor of mine said they give the test in a fashion where you get a hard question, get it right you get a harder one, get that right and you get an even harder one. If you get that one right, exam is over you pass. In that regard could have taken 10 mins to pass the exam.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nah, MS tests arent adaptive. They just randomly pull questions from a pool. You could get 5 sims in a row or none at all (sims are considered hard by many). Besides, there could be some unscored questions as well.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    gorebrush wrote:

Hmmm, makes you wonder what kind of wrench in the works a guy like Mike would be, since he's probably itchin' to sit for the CCENT and CCNA-specialties; and being that he's probably going to sit for those after his next CCIE lab attempt. If anyone could do a ten-minute Cisco test honestly, it's him. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    the_Grinch wrote:
    Doesn't Microsoft do that thing where the first 3 questions are really hard and if you get them right the test is over? I've never taken one, but a professor of mine said they give the test in a fashion where you get a hard question, get it right you get a harder one, get that right and you get an even harder one. If you get that one right, exam is over you pass. In that regard could have taken 10 mins to pass the exam.
    There used to be tests like this, CompTIA had a couple of adaptive exams. There were, indeed, people who came back from their A+ exams in a few minutes, having gotten only five or six questions and gotten them all right. The trouble is that dumpers benefit from this, since they "know" the answer to every question, and could easily pass an exam where they only needed to remember five to ten questions. It was a sound idea, rewarding those that knew their stuff by giving them only a couple of hard questions and then ending the test once they proved their knowledge, but the dumpers made sure it went the way of the Dodo.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ok...maybe he's taken that test a few times. i mean i failed the 271 the first time i took it, and it took me almost the full 2 hours(including the m$ & prometric survey questions)...the second time i took it, i was done in like 35 minutes. i saw a bunch of questions i had seen the first time i took it.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
    I've failed MS exams before now.. and when I come round to do the 2nd attempt, yes, I saw one or two questions again.

There's only "so many" questions in the pool, so I think by the law of averages you are bound to see one or two again really.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interviews and real world situations will flush out the dumpers. They will fall flat on their faces as mentioned before. It is a sad state of affairs that an MCSE is a requirement for an entry level job these days.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."