Just passed 70-271

UbedeadUbedead Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all log time reader first time poster.

Just passed 70-271 on second attempt - first attempt was 658, second attempt 950.

The exam jitters hit me hard first time round but the second chance offer thing was nice from Microsoft.

Anyways figured I'd perhaps pass on a little information / tips that I found handy.

1) VPNs, VPNs, VPNs - I pulled a lot of questions on VPNs which tripped me up in the first attempt - went back studied them hard and blitzed the questions this time around
2) Installing XP - make sure you know your unattended installations via answer files network installations etc.
3) Don't panic =P If at first you don't succeed - grab a second shot for free offer and study your weak areas - the printout determines what you had problems with -go away study them - come back slaughter the exam

Anyways - just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in hopefully it helps someone. Onwards to 70-272.

:D

Comments

• HolyWarsHolyWars Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats man :P
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! It sucks to get so close the first time, but it looks like you showed it who was boss the second time.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Ubedead wrote:

Just passed 70-271 on second attempt - first attempt was 658, second attempt 950.

The exam jitters hit me hard first time round but the second chance offer thing was nice from Microsoft.

Anyways figured I'd perhaps pass on a little information / tips that I found handy.

1) VPNs, VPNs, VPNs - I pulled a lot of questions on VPNs which tripped me up in the first attempt - went back studied them hard and blitzed the questions this time around
    2) Installing XP - make sure you know your unattended installations via answer files network installations etc.
    3) Don't panic =P If at first you don't succeed - grab a second shot for free offer and study your weak areas - the printout determines what you had problems with -go away study them - come back slaughter the exam

Anyways - just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in hopefully it helps someone. Onwards to 70-272.

Nice I'll probably take mines in a week or so. What did you use just the MSPress book?
  • bintuabintua Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Happy for you. I did mine today and i realised i have to study more than i thought. Please which books did you use to study?
    Also were you asked to make a comment on each question. I guess i was confused on this. Thanks

Ubedead wrote:

• UbedeadUbedead Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pretty much just used the MS Press books and the measure up practices that come with them.

Just a word of warning, don't trust the MeasureUp stuff, the questions are nothing like they are in the exam, in wording or form I found.

Onwards to 272 - Gonna use the CBT nuggets materials for this, I'll let ya know how they are as I also have the MS Press book for 272 also.
    Oh and btw, i was asked to comment, i think its just normal practice. Probably just for standard feedback on the exam i suppose.
    Ubedead wrote:
    Pretty much just used the MS Press books and the measure up practices that come with them.

Just a word of warning, don't trust the MeasureUp stuff, the questions are nothing like they are in the exam, in wording or form I found.

Onwards to 272 - Gonna use the CBT Nuggets materials for this, I'll let ya know how they are as I also have the MS Press book for 272 also.

That's kind of odd. When I took the 271 the questions from measure up were very close to the actual test. But these things change... I just wouldn't expect them to change sooo much.

Anybody tried SelfTest for the 271?

I recall the 272 being full of configuration questions. OutLook Express, IE, TCP/IP settings. I personally thought this was the easiest MS test I have ever sat. Studied for 2 days and passed with mid 800s, like 855 or something. But a buddy of mine failed after a few weeks of study and we have somewhat simlar technical backgrounds. Both of us had several years of consumer and enterprise support under our belts. So, guess that means never under estimate an MS test! Good luck! Expect to see you in the 272 forum posting good news soon!
    By the difference in the MeasureUp test compared to exam - the main difference I found was int he wording of questions and also the layout.

In the exam there are no questions that get you to choose and order of which to do things etc. (or atleast none I pulled or were in the initial training thing).

Don't get me wrong, the measureup stuff is a good training source - if you can answer them questions, you're probably gonna do alright in the exam.
  • dsaffardsaffar Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Im nervous about my 70-271, sitting it on Monday 27th Oct. Im getting 85% average on the measure up do you think I should be using anything else? cant afford Trancsender. Dina
    Ubedead wrote:
    By the difference in the MeasureUp test compared to exam - the main difference I found was int he wording of questions and also the layout.

In the exam there are no questions that get you to choose and order of which to do things etc. (or atleast none I pulled or were in the initial training thing).

Don't get me wrong, the measureup stuff is a good training source - if you can answer them questions, you're probably gonna do alright in the exam.

Yes, I know what you mean. God, I hated those questions! I was very happy to find they were not on the exam.