Glad thats over with!

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Well, that was a horrible experience and I can understand completely why it's easy to fail it. The exam was much tougher than I expected and it was all over the place with topics coming from all angles. My overall experience was just like Mishra and Snadam said in previous posts about the 293.

I passed with a very good score as it turns out though I never felt very confident all the way through, and having a cold (read-'man flu' :) ) didn't help. I think I got by on experience, knowing which answers were clearly wrong, being full of painkillers helped to numb the horror of the exam and with a significant portion of luck to be frightfully honest. I think the numerous sims saved me - thank heavens for the amount of lab work and testing I did as I flew through the ones I got. Took me two and a half hours which is by far the longest I've ever spent in a MS exam.

I used MS Press book (very poor), read some of the chapters in the Syngress book to help (good), and CBT Nuggets (good) plus the usual VM labs to break/fix different scenarios. Thanks to everyone who has previously posted in the forum, theres some very good information and experiences in there. You all rule :)

I'm just glad to have got that one out of the way and I'm relieved I did it within two months of passing the 291 as there is a lot of overlap in the subject matter. 293 is harder though in my opinion as it covers just about everything within Windows 2003 and then some!

Two left for the MCSE now, and I'm definately feeling happier about being closer to the finishing line. Gonna spend a couple of days going over a few bits and pieces again from the 293 first before moving on to 294 & 298.

The worst thing is, I can't have a celebratory beer tonight due to the paracetamol, D'oh icon_cry.gif
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    congrats!

i agree completely. the difficulty of this test is massively understated.

feel better soon!

john

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!
    bertieb wrote:
    The worst thing is, I can't have a celebratory beer tonight due to the paracetamol, D'oh icon_cry.gif

That's just an old wives tale; don't worry about it.

I have no idea what I'm talking about. Please tell your loved ones not to sue me if you die...
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    bertieb wrote:
    You all rule :)

No, you rule! bowing.gif

Congrats on your pass!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Well done mate, another great score icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on the next one
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, way to slay the "Beast Jr." Good luck with your 70-294 and 70-298 studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do ya feel bad posting your score because you are afraid of making us all look dumb? ;)

Good job on your pass. That was one test I enjoyed getting out of there.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    Do ya feel bad posting your score because you are afraid of making us all look dumb? ;)

Good job on your pass. That was one test I enjoyed getting out of there.

hehe, no not at all (931). I'm more embarrassed in a way because I know I guessed a lot of questions or worked out the wrong answers (to be left with an answer I'd never heard of in several cases), and because of that I don't feel like I deserved that score. I guess I got a lot of them right, either that or the sim's and the ridiculously easy questions were worth more!

That's why I'm having a quick review of some of the subjects, as well as looking up stuff that was on the exam that I've never heard of before. Man, what an evil test. I forgot to mention that a lot of the questions were very wordy, and the last 10 or so were a real struggle for me to keep my concentration as I'd just had enough and wanted out. (50 questions btw and 5 sims).

Don't get me wrong though, I'm SO happy to have done this one first time and like you said in your post, I'm also looking forward to studying for an exam based on a specific area rather than the entire Bill Gates back catalogue.

Thanks all for your comments icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The worst thing is, I can't have a celebratory beer tonight due to the paracetamol, D'oh

I wash down paracetomol with beer, what are you talking about? icon_lol.gif
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.I found this one just as challening as the 291 myself.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.