Passed 70-294!

cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-294 today with 746 points on my second attempt.

Now I need to think about taking 297 or 298. Would be grateful for any advise on which one is more suitable.

I would say that I found 294 harder than the exams I have taken so far as this was the only one I have had to resit so far. I've looked on the website and the 298 exam seems to have more content that I am more familiar with from the previous exams.

Can anyone advise on some resources which can help me make my mind up on this?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the pass! This exam was more difficult than I anticipated as well.

As far as 297 or 298 goes, it really depends on what you want to do. There's no right or wrong way to go about it. Do you have an interest in security design or AD design?
  • cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    congrats!

i absolutely hated the design exam (i took the 297), and also underestimated them a bit. The format is very strange. I would recommend getting a lot of practice using the case study format. Maybe even brush up on testing strategies.

john

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats on your pass!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!

Do whichever interests you the most, that way you'll enjoy it more.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. As for 70-297 Vs. 70-298, it's a matter of preference. The only deciding factor would be if you're going for any of the MCSE specialties. The MCSE: Messaging can be done with either design exam, but the MCSE: Security requires three security exams, so you'd end up doing an extra exam if you skip over 70-298 as your design elective.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass.
  • cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there a forum for 70-298? I couldn't find one on this site.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yep, it's here http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=64

It's a consolidated forum for the various MS security based exams (298/299/ISA etc).
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!