Failed 720

sbrightwsbrightw Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the test today.

My study material
Sybex Security plus and Prep logic practice exams

In my opinion, the Sybex book covered about 30% of the exam. Prep Logic did help to enforce the concept of each area but there were questions on the exam that were not cover. I had two question on virtual servers. Not many just two.

Overall, I know I was weak on the IDS/Firewall, Auditing, and Policy concepts questions. Those are the questions that you really had to have a broad understanding on because the way the questions were worded.

I am ordering the Syngress book and will reschedule the exam in two weeks.

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Sorry to hear about that.

Stick with it though, your almost there. You're on the right track by knowing what your weakness were on the test. You'll get it next time.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that.

Why aren't you ordering MSPress?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mishra wrote:

Is that a little dyslexia? Did you think he said 270? I don't think MS Press publishes a Security+ book ;)

Sorry to hear about the fail. I think the Syngress book will fill in any gaps you have; you are already really close. Good luck next time!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

Is that a little dyslexia? Did you think he said 270? I don't think MS Press publishes a Security+ book ;)

Sorry to hear about the fail. I think the Syngress book will fill in any gaps you have; you are already really close. Good luck next time!

sweeeet

The good ole glance-and-post strikes again.

Thats really funny that I just did that because right after I posted the message I read a CNN article about people sending emails to the wrong people because of mistakes.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Mishra wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

sweeeet

The good ole glance-and-post strikes again.

Thats really funny that I just did that because right after I posted the message I read a CNN article about people sending emails to the wrong people because of mistakes.

I did the same thing at first glance then i noticed which forum it was posted in...oops icon_redface.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass, I'm sure you'll get it next time.

And, in all fairness to Mishra, there is an MS Press book for Security+. icon_wink.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.