Options

291 and sus/wsus

nzresearchnzresearch Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok i'm prepping for 291 - doin all right - using the microsoft press official text book. But i think someone stole a chapter from my book. It mentions NOTHING on sus or wsus - is there a version of the exam/textbook that does not require sus knowledge. My book is from India and I'm writing the exam in New Zealand. Do i need to know SUS (i know a bit i have configured on networks before but that was SUS 1.0 - not very feature rich at the time) and if i need to know it where is the best place to get free information?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Make sure you find some reading and play around with wSUS3.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you did 290 first, you would be strong on SUS/WSUS.

The MS 290 book has a chapter on WSUS, and on the CD there's a PDF of the previous version of the chapter for SUS.

PS: I did 290 yesterday, there were questions on WSUS, but if you has studied only SUS you would still have known the answers.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nzresearch wrote:
    Do i need to know SUS (i know a bit i have configured on networks before but that was SUS 1.0 - not very feature rich at the time) and if i need to know it where is the best place to get free information?
    Thanks

Yes, and check this sticky:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21736

There are 3 links for WSUS resources. Good luck. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Back in the day when I took my 291 the version WSUS tested was 2. The questions were all very general, if you have done some labs with it and have a good conceptual understanding, you will do ok.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    If your familiar with 1.0 I think you'll be golden. Remember, this is a 2003 exam so I would doubt they would ask you about 3.0 since it wasn't release until April 2007.

....But, if you wanna mess around with 3.0, Microsoft does have a free virtual lab. Personally, I'm starting to really like these virtual labs. It's a 90 min lab (although you can probably do it in like 30 mins if you read fast).
    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032346303&EventCategory=3&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i sat this exam yesterday and got a few WSUS questions. They were all multiple choice and said WSUS and not SUS in the questions. Know your command lines for WSUS