how important is SCSI in the exams

Halcyon HellHalcyon Hell Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
BOFH (in training)

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

If its on the objectives you should know it.

However, if you want to continue a career track in IT, you should know and understand SCSI. And as someone who works with many different servers and networks.....I use it every day. So VERY important.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Halcyon HellHalcyon Hell Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Of course. But its not on any of the objectives. Oh well, I'm not such a huge fan of SCSI anyway but i'll have a skim through it before i write the exam just in case.
    BOFH (in training)
  • BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You sure its not?? I can remember covering it in class and getting 1/2 questions on it, I'd be sure to look over it!
    1/2 the questions!!!!???? icon_eek.gif Damnit. Yes it is in the objectives but the exam only covers objective 1.1 and 4.1 on SCSI. Very little to my understanding.
    BOFH (in training)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think it's going to be anywhere near half the questions. The A+ covers a lot more than that. I hear the Server+ gets pretty deep into SCSI though.
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Don't sweat it too much. You might get 2 questions on it, max.
  • BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1 or 2 not 1/2 lol icon_wink.gif
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Of course. But its not on any of the objectives. Oh well, I'm not such a huge fan of SCSI anyway but i'll have a skim through it before i write the exam just in case.

Not sure what being a 'fan' of SCSI has to do with whether or not one should prepare for understanding it. SCSI drives are some of the most reliable drives on the market. While I've build a handful of servers with SATA or SAS for cost reasons or speed, clients who MUST have almost perfect up time, I'll spec SCSI.

It won't take too much out of your studying to invest a few hours in to learn a technology that is still widely used within the industry.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Well given the Dollar / Rand exchange rate atm I wouldn't recommend it to any of my clients. But you are right, I must get the SCSI into my skull whether I like it or not. I fear more than 1 or 2 questions. And of course I'm sure to get something I decided I know to well to study and end up stuffing up. icon_sad.gif
    BOFH (in training)