packet tracer in place of lab routers

z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, I have some old routers and what not that im looking at donating to the local tech school for their Cisco lab, they run a Cisco network academy. I'm looking at getting my CCNA in the next year or so. My question is, is there anything that I can't do in Packet Tracer that i would need to study for the CCNA? I should still have access to the cisco lab after i donate them, so it may not be that big of a deal.

thanks in advanced.

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do not know specifically about the new material, but with the old CCNA it had EVERYTHING you needed really. With the new PacketTracer there is even more that is supported and it could be used for parts of the CCNP as well, I mean it even has redistribution now.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    The new packet tracer is designed so that you do not have to use actual equipment to study for the exam. It has quite a few upgrades, including being able to create a frame relay network.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    can someone send me a link to packet tracer 5, please?
    Victorious
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Enrol at the Cisco Networking Academy and they'll tell you how to download Packet Tracer.