Options

294 done with a score of 769

A very tricky exam but there are no easy ones as we know. You got to be reading carefully what they are asking you to do. Microsoft tried to confuse me with OU and GPO and they did actually as I messed up one simulation. They compose the questions in such a way that you are kind of know what to do but the decision where to start is so crucial. Is it this OU or perhaps the other one? URGHHH.

Ok, I am moving on to 297, probably.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

Yea, this one really tested your reading comprehension as well. One away from MCSE, eh? That's got to feel good. You're going to be sitting in pretty good shape for either design exam at this point. The MS Press book for this is going to be tough to get through. It's more a list of best practices, etc. It makes a better reference than it does an educational tool.
  • Options
    banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    dynamik wrote:
    Congratulations!

Yea, this one really tested your reading comprehension as well. One away from MCSE, eh? That's got to feel good. You're going to be sitting in pretty good shape for either design exam at this point. The MS Press book for this is going to be tough to get through. It's more a list of best practices, etc. It makes a better reference than it does an educational tool.
    Thanks, Dynamik, yes, it does feel good.
    But to be honest with you, now I am not keen ot titles, I am rather thinking about job experience. On the other hand these certs are to help me to get into IT.
    If not MS Press Book, then what, if you could advise, please?
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    Congrats!

As dynamik said, the 297 is a bit odd. I would recommend transcender, and lots and lots of other case study practicing.

good luck!

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    cnfuzzd wrote:
    Congrats!

As dynamik said, the 297 is a bit odd. I would recommend transcender, and lots and lots of other case study practicing.

good luck!

John
    Hi John,
    That's a good thing to hear as I use Transcender all the time.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm not really saying you shouldn't use the MS Press book, but it's going to be different from all the ones you've used up to this point. It looks like 297 encompasses a lot of 291 and 294 (maybe a little 293 as well), so you'll probably be spending a lot of time reviewing those resources. Check out the objectives: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-297.mspx

Transcender is good since it will get you used to the format of the exam. This (well, 29icon_cool.gif was the only exam I've ever been tight for time on.
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice.One more and MCSE congrats.As far as the score you know the saying a pass is a pass.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.