Options

CCNP first test

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Which test is considered the hardest?

What would be the best place to start?

Thanks!!!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    liven wrote:
    Which test is considered the hardest?

What would be the best place to start?

Thanks!!!

The answer to both questions is BSCI.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The hardest test is probably which ever you know the least about going in. Most here think the BSCI, but I didn't find that one to be the hardest as I worked heavily with routing prior to studying for the exam.

I would start with BSCI and BCMSN (I don't think the order of the two matter) and then follow those with the ISCW and ONT as the first two will lay the foundation for the others.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    miller811 wrote:

Boo-urns! BSCI can't be that difficult since the fundamentals of EIGRP/OSPF should be a rehash from CCNA. But yes, it makes sense to start with BSCI since it's (somewhat) familiar.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wat08 wrote:
    BSCI can't be that difficult since the fundamentals of EIGRP/OSPF should be a rehash from CCNA.
    icon_lol.gif

What about all the new advanced stuff that isn't a rehash? And the IS-IS, BGP, Multicast, etc?

I'd go with BSCI or BCMSN first -- depending on which you like or have more experience with (routing or switching).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wat08 wrote:
    BSCI can't be that difficult since the fundamentals of EIGRP/OSPF should be a rehash from CCNA.

icon_lol.gif Yeah, that's what I thought too... icon_eek.gif
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wat08 wrote:
    miller811 wrote:

Boo-urns! BSCI can't be that difficult since the fundamentals of EIGRP/OSPF should be a rehash from CCNA. But yes, it makes sense to start with BSCI since it's (somewhat) familiar.

Ha! i bet most people wish that to be the case! ive bought the BSCI book and although i have not started studying for the exam i have had a skip through and it is quite a step up from the CCNA to be fair.

Like others said i would start at the BSCI / bcmsn. I am reading the bcmsn firstly as i have a project or two coming up and its better for me to start at the switching. However when im finished i will be studying the bsci.

Good luck!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i think if i could do it over, i'd do BSCI, ISCW, then BCMSN.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."