Passed with a 726

mike_j_johnsonmike_j_johnson Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went into the Network+ test overly confident. I read a 2003 Microsoft Network+ (Faster Smarter series) book multiple times, took the included test on CDROM multiple times, read the notes on this website and took the tests multiple times, took the free-tests.com test multiple times, and read the forums here.

By the end of the test, I was positive I had failed. I had 10 minutes left on the clock and decided to finish. 726 Passing score. I should be totally happy, but I am not. The test was totally not straight forward like all the practice tests I had had before.

My test focused on Token Ring, DSL, NetWare protocols, etc. I didnt get one single question related to AppleTalk. Several questions I had never even seen before and figured they were the unscored questions. Lots of stuff regarding MAUs and CSU/DSUs.

Overall I was hoping for a higher score.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats! Scores mean nothing really, remember, a pass is a pass! icon_cheers.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You know, that's how I felt when I passed the A+OS. I had studied several books over and over again, took all the tests I could find, until I was scoring consistantly, 90% or better. I just knew I had failed when I punched the final button. I would have yelled, if there wasn't someone else in another cubicle next to me, when the screen said I passed. icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me be one of the first here to "Congratulate" You! icon_thumright.gif
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • mike_j_johnsonmike_j_johnson Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all for the kind words! :D
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Good job! These exams have poorly worded questions, especially COMPTIA. Remember though, That's why it's a test because they want to test your knowledge in any case scenerio with the least amount of clues. The only way for me to understand a confusing question is to take my time and reread it a few times and go over the answers as well. Process of elimination is key. Not all questions are poorly worded but some are just complex. :D
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on becoming Network+ certified!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job!Congrat..
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Overall I was hoping for a higher score.

Overall, according to Comptia - You had what it takes to pass by there standards & at the end of the day thats all that matters. :D
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    :) i join others to congratulate you. Bravo!!!!!!!! icon_arrow.gif
    Knowledge is life