CCNA recert

r2rr2r Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
just want to doublecheck if my understanding is correct,
I want to recertify my CCNA + go a bit further (vertically or horizontally ;),
according to Cisco CCNA recertification info:
To recertify, pass one of the following: any 640-xxx associate level exam, with the exception of ICND1 640-822;...
which means if I pass CCNA Security/Voice/Wifi I am CCNA + CCNA Sec/VoIP/Wifi,
is that correct ?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yep, any of the CCNA specializations or pro-level exams will renew your CCNA.
  • r2rr2r Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your answer.
    Do you think that will work if my CCNA has expired ?
    Does the recertification process look the same ?
    No, you need a valid CCNA to be able to renew it. If your CCNA expires, you'll have to take it again. When does yours expire?
    It expired few months ago. Now I am thinking about recertification. I tought taking CCNA-spec will automatically renew my CCNA, but now I wonder if taking ICND2 will be enough ? icon_rolleyes.gif
    Like I said, you need a valid CCNA. You can use a CCNA specialization or ICND2 to renew your CCNA. If it's expired, you don't have anything, and you're literally starting from scratch. You'll have to do both ICND exams or the full-blown CCNA.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html
    That is not good news for me, but if it is needed I will do that alright. I did that once I can do it again - to be honest current material looks easier than when I passed it 4 years ago - no dialers, no ISDN, only 3 routing protocols (no IGRP), etc. Thanks for info. Sith happens ;)