Security + Failed 1st attempt

mmitch2daymmitch2day Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
To All: Just found this site! Excellent forum for security exam. I failed last week with a 705 after much study using Sybex Book. What is the best study giude and test generator in preparing for this exam?

Thanks,

mmitch2day
mmitchmcp2day

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm sorry to hear about the fail. That's a pretty good score though. I think you've got it after a little more review. I'd go with the Syngress book and Transcender for your practice exam.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to go with dynamik and say that the Syngress book and Transcender will be your best bets to move forward. Keep in mind as well, both CBT Nuggets and TestOut have offerings for Security+.

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, the next thread you start up will have the words "I PASSED!!!" in the header. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mmitch2daymmitch2day Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is the Test King exam generator?

mmitch2day
    mmitchmcp2day
    How is Test King Generator?
    mmitchmcp2day
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    lol
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry buddy, no cheaters here.

If you want to understand the material, pick up another book, get in the lab and forget about ****.
    -Daniel
    I was just asking about a test generator and not about ****. I know a lot of peope who use that particular generator for testing preparation. Is this a NO NO?

If so, Why?
    mmitchmcp2day
    What's a test generator? Are you looking for something to create your own practice exams? If so, you might want to look at this: http://www.freeexamproject.net/ (I believe that's the site; it's down at the moment).

Also, did you even look at your previous posts? Whatever product you were referencing was automatically filtered because it was a **** resource. That's what Daniel was referring to.
    Thanks so much. Not aware that the particular resource I referenced was a **** resource as many people who respectively study and have taken security + course use the test generator I referenced to practice for taking exams. I was just wondering what others thought. Now I know......

//respectively//

mmitch2day
    mmitchmcp2day
    If you're looking for practice exams, check out Transcender, Prep Logic, Self Test Software, etc.
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I just passed the Security+ and used Testout went through practice questions as I found them. The Testout study sheets are printable and are awesome. I took notes and answered questions as I listened to the lectures. I did not have any transcenders but as stated above those are always a good resource. I got through my whole MCSE with Transcenders and building my own lab and teaching myself everything.

The Security+ is a very broad test and and make sure you use the sheet you recieved telling you your weaker areas and work off of it on those sections. Good luck and let us know when you pass next time!

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....