Failed The A+ :(

DanielthemanDanieltheman Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
HI guys i just took the a+ 601 and got a 660 out of 675, i feel pretty bad i been practicing and been getting 85s and 90s on my practice exams, im scared of taking it again but i signed up for it and i dont kno what else to study but the same thing......any word on if its easier the second time around?

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    These companies make their money from these tests. They give you as little information as they can get away with about the exams and go from there.

Anyhow, what materials are you using?
    -Daniel
  • bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    HI guys i just took the a+ 601 and got a 660 out of 675, i feel pretty bad i been practicing and been getting 85s and 90s on my practice exams, im scared of taking it again but i signed up for it and i dont kno what else to study but the same thing......any word on if its easier the second time around?

screw if its easier, you don't want the easy way out...

what are you using to study? Just practice exams?
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • DanielthemanDanieltheman Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im using some practice exam called **** it seems pretty good and i kno i can pass the damn thing i think i just stumbled during the test or something which sucks
    its called **** the program im using
    pass for sure is what its called....it keeps putting xx's were the name of the program is im sorry
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    That's why you failed.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Well Research a little about what braindumps are. Check out certguard.com.

Not sure how you failed using one of these but suppose its Karma kicking you in the ass
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
    thanks guys im gonna study harder and hopefully ill pass
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Aw dude, sounds like you didn't know but they are a brain **** scam. You'll never pass with those (and if you did, you wouldn't know what you are doing)

I would recommend you use

CBTNuggets/TestOut for video training or www.vtc.com if you can't afford them.
    Sybex books
    And of course lotsa of lab time.

Just for a little real world experience, start messing with the ultimate boot cd.
    -Daniel
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    http://www.certguard.com/

Yeah, use the above website to safeguard any study materials you are using. (brain) **** are for chumps, as the saying goes. You don't wanna use them, plain and simple. They jeopardize your career and discredit your personal integrity, as well as the integrity of the exam. Personally, I'd rather fail 10 times, then to be known as a cheater.

These tests can be tricky. Keep up the legitimate studies, you'll pass. Get study resources from Mike Myers, Preplogic, Transcender, Technotes, cramsession, ect......
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You came really close to passing. Don't give up, you're too close. Test jitters probably didn't help. When you retake the test, at least you'll have an idea what to expect. Be sure to read each question all the way through, more than once. Sometimes the wording on these type of tests can be tricky.

Also, be sure you get the objectives for the exam. Go through the objectives, and eliminate the ones you feel sure about. Then, just focus on the objectives you feel shaky about. Then you'll pass for sure.

Good luck!
  • TonyDuffyTonyDuffy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey mate , i'm 18 and failed my a+ twice , i was gutted but just thought to myself i have to kick on and get it , then the next time i got it easily. You just have to keep studying at it.
    Keep Studying.