Passed CWNA today

AndersStAndersSt Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the exam today. Since my native language isn´t english I get another 30min, 2h total for the exam. It took me 57min to complete the 60 questions, got 80%.

Network Security 75%
RF Site Survey 100%
Network Implementions 75%
RF Technology 100%
Protocols & Devices 64%
Regulations & Standards 70%

I´m a bit dissapointed on the Protocols & Devices part, don´t really know what happened there. Got somewhat stressed up by the whole situation, this is my first certification ever. Anyway, I made it. I havén´t really studied that hard but have been working in the wireless business since about 2002. Today I manage a wireless network of +200 AP, Cisco WiSM/WCS.

Must say that I was surprised over the amount of questions about DSSS and FHSS. We rarely see such legacy standards here in Sweden.

Regards
Anders

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AndersSt wrote:
    Took the exam today. Since my native language isn´t english I get another 30min, 2h total for the exam. It took me 57min to complete the 60 questions, got 80%.

That's a solid score, congratulations!
    AndersSt wrote:
    I´m a bit dissapointed on the Protocols & Devices part, don´t really know what happened there. Got somewhat stressed up by the whole situation, this is my first certification ever.

Wow, you started with a relatively tough one. Don't worry about that section; you did really good overall.
    AndersSt wrote:
    I havén´t really studied that hard but have been working in the wireless business since about 2002. Today I manage a wireless network of +200 AP, Cisco WiSM/WCS.

What are you doing next? Any interest in that CCNA wireless specialization?
    AndersSt wrote:
    Must say that I was surprised over the amount of questions about DSSS and FHSS. We rarely see such legacy standards here in Sweden.

They are actually just now rolling out a new version of the exam. I wonder if they will still place as much emphasis on those as they did in the past.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :D
  • AndersStAndersSt Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    That's a solid score, congratulations!

What are you doing next? Any interest in that CCNA wireless specialization?

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :D

Thanks! :D

Maybe I´ll go for the CCNA or CWSP, why were the CWAP discontinued anyway? That would have been an interesting challenge.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with the CCNA and/or CWSP studies. Prepare to see a lot of standards and technologies that are either on their way out or already there, since they tend to show up on the tests due to ensure legacy support. icon_lol.gif

Och välkommen till TechExams.net så klart. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • AndersStAndersSt Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:

Swedish?! You´ve got a scandinavian keyboard over there?
    Jäklar vad paff jag blev... icon_confused.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    AndersSt wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:

Swedish?! You´ve got a scandinavian keyboard over there?
    Jäklar vad paff jag blev... icon_confused.gif
    Heh, heh. No, I just set my American keyboard to type in Swedish when I need to. I'm originally from Ystad, but I've lived in the US for almost 19 years. (Min svenska är urusel nuförtiden.)

Luckily, I'm headed to UC Berkeley for my four-year degree, and they offer language classes in Swedish. I can not only brush up and "re-learn" my language, but I can also **** a little bit and use those classes for my humanities requirements. Since I'm not learning the language from the beginning, I can take it easy and focus only on the grammar and advancing what I already know. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on your pass! :D
    AndersSt wrote:
    Maybe I´ll go for the CCNA or CWSP
    The CCNA Wireless or CCNA Security would be a good match with the CWNA/CWSP.
    AndersSt wrote:
    why were the CWAP discontinued anyway? That would have been an interesting challenge.
    The CWAP information was folded into the CWNE cert. I was very interested in the CWAP too, but I've not had enough practical experience with reading the 802.11 protocols to have attempted it.

Slowhand, I have a friend from Norway who says that spoken Swedish is just "drunken Norwegian." Care to validate or refute that assertion? ;)
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :) Currently reading up on CWNA, I'm still waiting on CWNP to publish the additional PW0-104 study guide material like they said they would...
  • harristsharrists Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. CWNA exams definately one of the hardest tech exams for me. Planned to take the CWSP early next year.