Options

Took the plunge

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Well I bought two 3550 (with EMI) and a 2511 with 2 octal cables last night....

So I have
3x2500
2x2600
1x3640

(and dynamips)

1x2950
1x2924
2x3550 (on the way)

And I have the offical BSCMN book and study/lab guide. Starting with BSCMN.

So CCNP here I come. I really wanted to go the CCSP route, but CCNP will probably pay off sooner. I already have the IDS test completed for CCSP, so I will probably pick that track back up a year or two from now.

Anyway wish me luck!!!

The ADVENTURE begins!!!!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    liven wrote:
    ... so I will probably pick that track back up a year or two from now.

You'll need to finish the SP track within three years of whenever you passed that exam. Don't slack off too long ;)
    liven wrote:
    Anyway wish me luck!!!

The ADVENTURE begins!!!!

Good luck!
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    liven wrote:
    ... so I will probably pick that track back up a year or two from now.

You'll need to finish the SP track within three years of whenever you passed that exam. Don't slack off too long ;)
    liven wrote:
    Anyway wish me luck!!!

The ADVENTURE begins!!!!

Good luck!

Good point, but I am not to worried about it. I am doing the CC*P track while simultaneously working on some linux stuff. If I get heavy back into IT security I will finish up the CCSP stuff. I was a good deal of the way done with the PIX/ASA tests. Actually I will probably knock them out after the CCNP... Who knows it all depends on which way my career goes... I will be a network engineer for the next 6 months. So hopefully I can nock out the BSCMN and maybe get most of the way done with the BSCI in the next 8 months...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    liven wrote:
    If I get heavy back into IT security I will finish up the CCSP stuff. I was a good deal of the way done with the PIX/ASA tests.
    It's probably worth keeping your PIX/ASA knowledge "fresh," even while working on the CCNP. That PIX/ASA knowledge (along with the CCNP and your experience) could wind up sucking you into the Security side of things down the road.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    liven wrote:
    If I get heavy back into IT security I will finish up the CCSP stuff. I was a good deal of the way done with the PIX/ASA tests.
    It's probably worth keeping your PIX/ASA knowledge "fresh," even while working on the CCNP. That PIX/ASA knowledge (along with the CCNP and your experience) could wind up sucking you into the Security side of things down the road.

Good point, the ASA stuff keeps coming up on job interviews. Good thing I have some real world experience with these devices!!! Of course I could always use more, but at least I have some!