IS TOO LATE

onitonit Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
HELLO TO YOU ALL,

LOOKING FOR A LITTLE BIT OF FEED BACK IF YOU COULD PLEASE.

JUST TURNED THE BIG 40, I HAVE MANY YEARS EXPERINCE IN INSTALLATIONS TELECOM SYSTEMS IE (PBX - COPPER - FIBRE OPTIC - JOINTING - TESTING -FAULT FINDING -ECT) ALSO IAM A ELECTRCAIN

I WOUNDER IF ITS TOO LATE TO DO A CCNA AND START ON THE SWITCHING AND ROUTING SIDE.BRINING THE FIBRES TO THE RACKS FOR MANY YEARS NOW FOR ALL THE ROUTERS AND WOULD LIKE TO SWAP SIDES .

ALL REPLYS WELCOME AS LONG AS THEY ARE NICE ?????

PS, IS THERE PLENTY OF WORK OUT THERE

Comments

• AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    1. Is never too late.

2. You already stated that you have many years of experience which you could apply right away.

3. Are you sure you're not 15?
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    onit wrote:
    I WOUNDER IF ITS TOO LATE TO DO A CCNA AND START ON THE SWITCHING AND ROUTING SIDE.
    NO
    onit wrote:
    IS THERE PLENTY OF WORK OUT THERE
    CURRENT ECONOMIC CONDITIONS SEEM TO BE REDUCING THE NUMBER OF AVAILABLE JOBS -- YOU'D PROBABLY WANT TO CHECK THE JOB BOARDS (AND STAFFING AGENCIES) FOR YOUR AREA. BUT MORE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT CERTIFICATIONS NOW AS A MEANS OF GETTING "ONE UP" ON THEIR COMPETITION FOR THE FEW JOBS THAT ARE AVAILABLE.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING???
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Probably time to change the hearing aid batteries! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

ITdude wrote:
    Probably time to change the hearing aid batteries! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

WHAT DID YOU SAY???? :D....YES I WOULD LIKE SOME PEANUTS
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Andrew212Andrew212 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All

Are you not all forgetting.....40 is the new 30!! - I say that coz I am now 38 !

You can get the CCNA pretty quickly if you apply yourself (no groaning please!)

This is what I would recommend for what its worth

Get the CBT Nuggets 'Cisco CCNA Certification Package' as its a nice way to ease into a new subject.

Also purchase the Cisco Press CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (yes it huge, but very good). You can get it from Amazon ISBN-10: 1587201836 and read throught it.

Get a router & switch off of ebay, they are cheap (2610 & 2950 I recommend as although they are more expensive than the lower models, they are more future proof) to get some hands-on

If you want to move quicker at this point, attend a course if you have the cash.

I managed to get my CCNA, CCNP, & CCIE written in 13 months of hard, hard study. The CCIE lab took me another 9 months of sheer hell, but well worth it.

If you apply yourself, you could be a CCNA and CCNP by next year.

Good luck
    Regards

Andrew

CCIE 16499
    Cisco CCNA training weekend - UK
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Andrew212 wrote:
    I managed to get my CCNA, CCNP, & CCIE written in 13 months of hard, hard study. The CCIE lab took me another 9 months of sheer hell, but well worth it.

good gawd.... were you working full time ?? married ?? kids ??? no life ??? GRIN
    much experience in the field ??

just curious..... im aiming to get my VP by middle of next year.... then look at SP or IE voice
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • onitonit Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CHEERS ANDREW 212 FOR THE REPLY AND INFO
  • onitonit Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOULD ANYONE IN THE U.K KNOW OF ANY GOOD CCNA TRANING CENTRE WHICH HAVE HAD GOOD FEED BACK .

THAN YOU
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just sent you a pm with some info on UK training center.