New and improved (ISC)2 Web site

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
If you haven't seen it yet, www.isc2.org has a new look and feel. I'm trying it out now to see if things are now easier to find than before.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oooo... shiny!

Didn't they used to have DHTML menus for the navigation? Those was kind of convenient. It seems like they could have integrated that into the new design.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I really disliked the old menu design. I much prefer the new tabbed menu bars. Everything is more readable now with a light background color. However, it looks like some of the active links only work in IE and not in FF.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I like the new look. The old site was beginning to look a little dated, but I just chalked that up to "it's an informational site, not a flashy marketing machine". icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Funny you should mention that. The (ISC)2 appears to be doing its best to now become a "flashy marketing machine." If you have an account at www.cccure.org, have a look at this article from the Web site owner. Interesting news and opinion from Shon Harris it is.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    JDMurray wrote:
    Funny you should mention that. The (ISC)2 appears to be doing its best to now become a "flashy marketing machine." If you have an account at www.cccure.org, have a look at this article from the Web site owner. Interesting news and opinion from Shon Harris it is.
    Maybe they got the same web designer that 24 Hour Fitness uses. Get any calls about joining the (ISC)2 free for a week with two free training sessions? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Umm, where the crap is the ISC2 store now? I looked through it a while back and saw nothing I was interested in and now there are a few things.
    Thank You! I looked everywhere for that link but never once in the footer.
    Maybe they should test for that on the CISSP exam. ;)
    Today was not a good day so I was already pissed. After 20 minutes of going through every page and link (except the dang footer) in the public and private sections of the site, I was ready to put my fist through the monitor.

Luckily, I calmed the voices in my head and decided to take a more rational approach by posting here.

Marc 1
    Angry Voices 0
    RTmarc wrote:
    Luckily, I calmed the voices in my head and decided to take a more rational approach by posting here.
    Please do the same thing when, one day, the "voices in your head" tell you to stay home from work and clean the guns. icon_eek.gif